This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Huge thanks for posting this, volcanohunter. Ah, if only we could have had Morison in the movie instead of Kathryn Grayson (more vole than shrew). Many happy returns of the day to Ms. Morison!

More:

Amongst the famous people born one hundred years ago in 1915 are Frank Sinatra, actress Ingrid Bergman and actor/director Orson Welles. None of them lived long enough to see their 100th birthday. If they had, they might be having big birthday celebrations like the two being held for Broadway legend Patricia Morison. This past Monday a private party was held in her honor in the lobby of the Pantages Theatre. On Sunday, the Pasadena Playhouse is hosting A Conversation with Patricia Morison at the University Club of Pasadena to acknowledge her milestone birthday.

From the LA Times:

Patricia Morison, who is celebrating her 100th birthday on March 19, appeared in movies with such legends as Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, originated the role of the ultimate diva in the 1948 Cole Porter Broadway musical "Kiss Me, Kate" and had a memorable encounter with Yul Brynner when she starred with him on stage in "The King and I."

"I have been so fortunate in my life, honey," she said, breaking into a sunny smile at the comfortable, antique-laden Park LaBrea Tower apartment she's called home since 1960. "I am grateful to be here."

Morison has died at age 101 103. RIP.

Porter handpicked her to play the feisty actress Lilli Vanessi opposite Mr. Drake, who was cast as Lilli’s co-star and ex-husband in the musical within a musical.

Edited by dirac
Corrected typo & added link