This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nothing's wowing me so far on the red carpet.

Lorelei Linklater's dress is all kinds of wrong made worse by the fact that she was slouching on the red carpet. You have to practice in these dresses ladies!!!

I thought Jane the Virgin was wearing a scarf around her head and then I realized it was her hair.

From a distance, Patricia Arquette bears a resemblance to Claude Bessy (!).

Neil Patrick Harris and husband make for a very attractive couple on the red carpet.

Josh Hutcherson looked quite handsome in his tux.

I didn't even recognize Tim McGraw without his cowboy hat.

More later . . .

Some seriously crazy tuxes on the guys w/ wil.i.am taking the prize (so far) for worst for wearing what looks like a prison uniform.

Marion Cotillard's dress didn't really register for me on my TV. Maybe it's one of those dresses that looks better in person?

Melanie Griffith looked the best she's looked in a long time but the Johnson daughter wasn't terribly interesting in her red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest.

More in 30 minutes . . .

Lupita is the best so far.

Rosamund Pike got it together for the Oscars. Her handlers must have put her on a starvation diet after the Golden Globes.

Julianne Moore's dress is washing her out. But I hope she wins for Best Actress and mentions As the World Turns in her acceptance speech!!!

J.Lo's still conducting her one-woman war against gravity!

Have to sign-off for now but be sure to make your picks for Best and Worst Dressed tomorrow. (Fashion Police on E! should be tomorrow night.)

Oh, and those promos on E! for their new show, The Royals, are great. Joan Collins as Elizabeth Hurley's mother??? I am all in for that!!!

Lupita is the best so far.

She is a very beautiful woman with really great dress sense.

Julianne Moore's dress is washing her out. But I hope she wins for Best Actress and mentions As the World Turns in her acceptance speech!!!

I like the dress, actually. Best Actress, but substituted comments on Alzheimer's for ATWT -- I can't fault that.

I like the dress, actually. Best Actress, but substituted comments on Alzheimer's for ATWT -- I can't fault that.

You generally do that if you won because you played somebody with a moviegenic affliction. Redmayne did the same thing.

Dakota Johnson's frock was smashing. That particular red was just perfect. The choices overall were generally conservative, mainly because the actresses don't want to get keel-hauled for taking risks. I can't fault them for that. I rather liked Lady Gaga's red carpet outfit, although the red gloves were better in concept than execution. Lots of white and off-white, generally not great ideas.....

Scarlett Johanson - Kermit the frog's song , "it ain't easy being green..." comes to mind. Too much green, and green statement necklace too overwhelming..

Rosamund Pike looked great. Lupita's dress was gorgeous, but she made a major goof in announcing the award. She thought she was at the SAGs.

You generally do that if you won because you played somebody with a moviegenic affliction. Redmayne did the same thing.

I have more of an issue with the voters when it comes to their tendency to go with the sympathy choice -- actors play the roles they get, and if they wind up with more insight onto a specific disease or disability, I'm glad if they lend some of their public capital to it.

miliosr's picks for Best and Worst:

Best Dressed Man: I'm going to go with younger stars like Josh Hutcherson and Miles Teller who really looked sharp in classic black tuxedos. (I'm not a fan of the blue and maroon tuxedos.)

Best Dressed Woman: Lupita Nyong'o

Worst Dressed Man: wil.i.am in what looked like a prison uniform.

Worst Dressed Woman: Collective award to all those actresses who showed up in boring white/beige/gray dresses. The mindblowing boredom of it all made women like Rosamund Pike and Dakota Johnson -- both in red -- stand out all the more.

Biggest Disappointment: Julianne Moore. Everyone knew she was going to win and I so hoped that she would show up in a mega-dress. Alas, it was not to be.

Best Watercooler Dress Topic: J.Lo!!!!!

The mindblowing boredom of it all made women like Rosamund Pike and Dakota Johnson -- both in red -- stand out all the more.

I thought Johnson's dress was much better than Pike's, though. Pike's lacy look struck me as a trifle Victoria's Secret.

It is hard indeed to understand why Moore, in particular, didn't go for more color. (She did provide a little when she reminded everyone that her husband is a hunky younger guy.)

Julie Andrews was elegant in black.

actors play the roles they get

Academy voters love a showy illness, especially if it's a famous person's illness. In the case of royalty,they'll settle for a stammer. :)