This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

My picks for 2015 . . .

Best Dressed Man: Matt Bomer

Loved him in the blue tuxedo. (And I have a soft spot for him because the leading man parts aren't going to come his way.)

Best Dressed Woman: Gina Rodriguez

Proof positive that a bright smile can be the best accessory.

Worst Dressed Man: No opinion

Nothing caught my eye as egregiously terrible.

Worst Dressed Woman: Jennifer Aniston

It's always the same old same old. She really needs to update her look. It's not the 90s anymore.

In a category of her own: J.Lo

I know the dress was vulgar . . . but that's why I liked it. (J.Lo reminded me of the time when Princess Margaret snootily remarked to Elizabeth Taylor that the jewelry Taylor was wearing was vulgar. "Yeah, ain't it great?" Taylor retorted.)

And, I liked how J.Lo's display of her "assets" was like two middle fingers up at gravity!

A few more thoughts (now that I've had time to reflect):

I didn't hate Amal Clooney's white opera gloves but they seemed too formal for a Southern California event.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Amy Poehler's dress looked too informal for the event. It was a nice cocktail dress but not formal enough for the occasion.

Speaking of Diane Kruger, when did her longtime partner Josh Jackson become such a handsome leading man? I guess I will always think of him as that loveable screw-up Pacey on Dawson's Creek.

And back to J.Lo for a second: Who else but her could pull off a cape the way she did? And I liked how she changed into another gown for the after parties. There are divas and then there are divas!

As for Jeremy Renner commenting on J.Lo's "assets" on stage, it was crude but come on . . . everyone at home was thinking exactly what he said. (It's also the kind of thing that makes the Globes so much fun to watch.)

My picks for 2015 . . .

And, I liked how J.Lo's display of her "assets" was like two middle fingers up at gravity!

I think a plastic surgeon might very well have something to do with JLO's gravity defying assets. Not judging. It's part of the Hollywood scene.

My picks for 2015 . . .

I think a plastic surgeon might very well have something to do with JLO's gravity defying assets. Not judging. It's part of the Hollywood scene.

Whatever the reason, JLo looked (and to me always does) amazing!

Rosamund Pike's dress: I am amazed we didn't see at least one wardrobe malfunction.

I was surprised that Pike was wearing Vera Wang. Usually Wang's designs look great. What happened!

As an aside, I believe Wang attended SAB before going the fashion design route.

I thought Dunham looked a lot better than she usually does.

In fairness to Keira Knightley, she is pregnant.

I'll say this for J.Lo: To the extent she's had work done, she's been smart about it. When she gets "refreshed", the work is subtle and you never really notice any change. She hasn't made that mistake of getting a facelift that makes her look like somebody else and prompts 'Nightmare Plastic Surgery' headlines in the tabloids.

Rosamund Pike had a baby in early December so that dress was an unwise choice for her. That's the kind of dress you should only wear when you are in peak condition.

I agree with you, abatt, that Lena Dunham looked better than she usually does at these events.

I think that Rosamund Pike's dress would have looked okay if her back was covered. The straps are the most unflattering part of the dress.

I thought that "Boyhood" was a great movie, but I felt that Linklater could have told an even more interesting story about parenthood. I would have preferred to see "Selma" win Best Picture.

In fairness to Keira Knightley, she is pregnant.

I like the fabric in the columnar part of the dress, but the lacy collar is too much. I think the dress could be much more flattering, whatever her maternity status, if the bodice wasn't topped with something that looks an awful lot like a flattened tea cosy.

I think that Rosamund Pike's dress would have looked okay if her back was covered. The straps are the most unflattering part of the dress.

I thought that "Boyhood" was a great movie, but I felt that Linklater could have told an even more interesting story about parenthood. I would have preferred to see "Selma" win Best Picture.

Thanks for bringing up the nominees, Pique Arabesque. I have not seen "Selma" yet but plan to do so, although I am not encouraged by reports that LBJ has been turned into some sort of comic book villain.

I was unable to bring myself to actually see "Boyhood" in a theater. I am less willing to commit three hours or so of my time to new movies than I used to be, and it sounded respectable, earnest, and boring. Please tell us what you thought when you have a chance, perhaps in a new thread?