This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guggenheim Works and Process 2015

abatt

Some interesting offerings in dance.

-A preview of ABT's 75th Anniversary Season

-Wendy Whelan and Edward Watson in new works.

- A preview of Justin Peck's new ballet for MCB

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/29/guggenheims-works-process-series-to-offer-dancing-singing-and-more/?ref=arts

Thank you abatt (and happy New Year). I got my pamphlet directly from Works and Process. All of these shows will be live streamed.

They are: Justin Peck, 1/18 @ 7:30 and all of the ABT Performances: 4/19 @ 3:00pm, 4/19 @ 7:30pm and 4/20 @ 7:30pm. The first ABT talk will cover dancers from 1940-1965; then is dancers from 1965-1990; and the last group (the McKenzie dancers) 1990-2015. There is no date yet announced for the Whelan/Watson.

The first ABT talk will cover dancers from 1940-1965; then is dancers from 1965-1990; and the last group (the McKenzie dancers) 1990-2015.

Thanks so much for the heads-up on this. They all sound intriguing, but I'm especially pleased to see these discussion about ABT dancers, particularly the earliest cohort. I imagine that they'll just be able to touch on the surface, but even so!

Some interesting offerings in dance.

-A preview of ABT's 75th Anniversary Season

-Wendy Whelan and Edward Watson in new works.

- A preview of Justin Peck's new ballet for MCB

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/29/guggenheims-works-process-series-to-offer-dancing-singing-and-more/?ref=arts

Thank you abatt (and happy New Year). I got my pamphlet directly from Works and Process. All of these shows will be live streamed.

They are: Justin Peck, 1/18 @ 7:30 and all of the ABT Performances: 4/19 @ 3:00pm, 4/19 @ 7:30pm and 4/20 @ 7:30pm. The first ABT talk will cover dancers from 1940-1965; then is dancers from 1965-1990; and the last group (the McKenzie dancers) 1990-2015. There is no date yet announced for the Whelan/Watson.

The first ABT talk will cover dancers from 1940-1965; then is dancers from 1965-1990; and the last group (the McKenzie dancers) 1990-2015.

Thanks so much for the heads-up on this. They all sound intriguing, but I'm especially pleased to see these discussion about ABT dancers, particularly the earliest cohort. I imagine that they'll just be able to touch on the surface, but even so!

I agree and thank you, Abatt and Amour. I read somewhere, but not sure where (sorry, it's the holidays; all days run into one another by the end of them blushing.gif ) that PBS will have a special on ABT's 75th anniversary, in May, I think. Sorry I don't have more info, but we'll hear more on this as the Spring approaches. On another note, seeing NYCB Jan 25 3pm!!! Yayyyy!!!!