This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sad news, MakarovaFan. Thanks for the post. Just an insanely beautiful woman. She had bad luck in her American movies, which were mostly junk, but the Sixties weren't a great time for female stars generally. I agree, she was fabulous in "Queen Margot."

More here.

Though she enjoyed her American experiences and appreciated the professionalism she encountered, Lisi soon tired of the “new Marilyn” image foisted upon her. She accepted becoming a cover girl but refused a lucrative offer to pose for Playboy. Her two other Hollywood films were Assault on a Queen (1966), with Sinatra, and Not With My Wife, You Don’t! (1966), with Curtis and George C Scott.

Sad news, MakarovaFan. Thanks for the post. Just an insanely beautiful woman. She had bad luck in her American movies, which were mostly junk, but the Sixties weren't a great time for female stars generally. I agree, she was fabulous in "Queen Margot."

More here.

Though she enjoyed her American experiences and appreciated the professionalism she encountered, Lisi soon tired of the “new Marilyn” image foisted upon her. She accepted becoming a cover girl but refused a lucrative offer to pose for Playboy. Her two other Hollywood films were Assault on a Queen (1966), with Sinatra, and Not With My Wife, You Don’t! (1966), with Curtis and George C Scott.

dirac. Lisi was so fabulous in "Queen Margot" that I'm popped the dvd in just to watch her in all her evil glory. bow.GIF

I remember her from a ‘60s comedy, How to Murder Your Wife, with Jack Lemmon and Terry-Thomas. Not only was she impossibly gorgeous, but also very funny. IMDB has some fairly recent photos of her, maturely beautiful with that great smile.

Rest in peace.