This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I just watched (a recording of) the live Peter Pan that screened on NBC last week. Although I remember bits and pieces of the previous 1960s telecast, with the Robbins choreography, I can't really make any comparisons, but the new choreography by Rob Ashford was engaging, and I must say that I was very taken with Christopher Walken's tap dancing Captain Hook...

Thanks for your comments, sandik. The reviews were mixed to negative, so it's nice to hear something more positive. This production, as you might know, was a follow up to the big success of last year's broadcast of The Sound of Music. While I appreciate as a Good Thing the revival of live theater on TV, I can't say I was wild about either show (I didn't watch either one to the end). Next up, I believe, is "A Few Good Men."

Anyone else see this?

I half-watched a DVR recording, mainly to see if my sister's young grandchildren would like it. Very colorful, almost psychedelic, which seemed child-appealing. But I was disappointed that "Never Smile at a Crocodile," our favorite song, was omitted. I guess I wasn't paying attention during the tap dance.