This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB at SPAC

As a frequent lurker, I am moved to thank rkoretzky for her faithful -- and insightful -- postings keeping us up to speed with NYCB in Saratoga. It couldn't have been easy to do so, given that she attended each performance. I was also struck by the comment that this board has been an addition to her life, as it has been to mine. (Thank you Alexandra et al.)

Now, I wonder who can keep us abreast of of the tour to the UK and Italy?

rkoretzky-

Re-reading your posts, I noticed you mention a rowdy group from a ballet camp. Yes, that group was very likely NYSSSA.

I would like to apologize for the behaviour of my peers. What would drive ballet students to act in such a way? I'm not completely sure. I know that I was constantly annoyed by their responses to the performances. This might have been a result of the fact that the shows were mandatory for us, and some students, who lived in NYC, did not realize what a privilage it was to see NYCB so often at such a low cost.

I just wanted you to know that not all of the NYSSSA students had such manners, and that I wanted to apologize to you.

Thanks

Steph

P.S. If you were an usher, thanks! All of the SPAC ushers were very nice to us.

:)

Hi Steph!

I was a SPAC usher for over 20 years. Last year I was offered a paying job as the usher captain, and yes I was on the right side of the house, where NYSSA sat every night.

Thank you for saying what you did about my ushers. They are a wonderful group--dedicated to SPAC and to NYCB and I will pass along your comment to them.

For the most part, the kids were pretty well behaved and it was a pleasure to see them at SPAC. It was the one performance of Dances at a Gathering that was a problem. after I talked with some of your staff members, things were much better.

So please don't worry about it and I hope to see you there next year. My daughter has some friends who were at NYSSA. Maybe you know them.

To rkoretzky: you really did a great job covering the three weeks of SPAC, and I agreed with almost everything (with one or two minor exceptions) If you will be at Oct 27 - 2PM I'll be there, too, and would like to compare notes.