This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Precious Adams - English National Ballet

kfalker

I interviewed Precious Adams who literally trained all over the world. Her journey in ballet is amazing! Precious began seriously studying ballet at the age of 9 with Sergey Rayevskiy at the Academy of Russian Classical Ballet in Wixom, Michigan. At the ages of 11 and 12, Precious studied at the National Ballet School (NBS) in Toronto, Canada under the direction of Mavis Stains. Precious was then selected to study at The Princess Grace Academy of Classical Dance in Monte Carlo, Monaco with Roland Vogel under the direction of Luca Masala at the ages of 14 and 15. In 2011, Precious was selected to participate in the the U.S. State Department Sponsored NSYL-I Russian language and Bolshoi Ballet Academy Summer Program. During the 2011-2012 school year, Precious studied at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow, Russia with Natalia Igoravich Reivich under the direction of Marina Leonova. Precious also received two prizes at the 2014 Prix De Lausanne in Switzerland. In September Precious began her professional career dancing with the English Nat'l Ballet.

Listen to her interview here - http://balancing-pointe.com/71-precious-adams-english-national-ballet/

Precious Adams of English National Ballet has been promoted to First Artist.   Good for her.  I know she received good reviews for her dancing in "In the Middle Somewhat Elevated."  I just hope she doesn't get typecast as a contemporary dancer because she has a lovely port de bras, clean pointe work. beautiful lines and a graceful Russian back. 

Edited by Tapfan

Way to go Precious!   Precious Adams has won the Emerging Artist Award at the National Dance Awards in London.  She was also nominated for "Best Classical Performance/Female"  for her role dancing the  Calliope Rag in Kenneth McMillan's Elite Syncopations. I'm so happy for her because she is such a beautiful and versatile dancer whose degree of talent is beyond dispute.

Edited by Tapfan