This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Susanne Grinder & Sebastian Haynes on "Dancing With the Stars&

I don't know how many of you watch the Danish version of "Dancing With the Stars" on which Hübbe is a judge, but last Friday (Oct 24) they did a special episode to support the fight against cancer and all four judges had to present a choreography to raise money for the cause. Hübbe had chosen "The Dying Swan" (danced by Grinder), but added a second person into the choreography, a male dancer in a black tutu (Haynes). The clip is available online, on TV2's website and can be found here (a short commercial will play first) to those who are curious:

http://vmd.tv2.dk/2014-10-24-se-nikolaj-hubbes-dans-i-dommerdysten-0

Personally, I was delighted to see Grinder dance this part, since I've been dreaming of seeing her dance it ever since I missed her performance of it in "M/K Ballerina" some years back. It's no secret that I'm a big fan of her and seeing her in full swan mode actually moved me more than words can describe. I saw Haynes as Des Grieux in "Lady of the Camellias" earlier this season and was smitten by him right away and I truly think the two mirror each other very well. All in all, I was positively surprised by the changes to the choreography and happy to see it presented to Denmark at large as an example of what ballet can be.

Any thoughts?