This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Carla Körbes Retiring

Click here for a link to the printed program for PNB's upcoming run at the Joyce in NYC. If I'm reading it correctly, it looks as if Körbes is scheduled to dance the lead in Justin Peck's Debonair at every performance. In fact, with just a couple of exceptions, it looks as if casting will be the same at every performance for all of the ballets on the program.

Note that Debonair is billed as a Preview; apparently the official premiere will be on November 7, 2014 in Seattle.

Thank you for this. I'm attending on the 11th. I am disappointed that I won't be seeing Carrie Imler. I've been wanted to see her perform live forever. I guess I'll never get the chance.

Thank you for this. I'm attending on the 11th. I am disappointed that I won't be seeing Carrie Imler. I've been wanted to see her perform live forever. I guess I'll never get the chance.

Despite having been singled in the NYT during the 1996 PNB tour to City Center during her first year in the Corps, I believe the only appearances she's made since in NYC with PNB have been as the Nurse in "Romeo et Juliette" and Tharp's "Opus 111" at the Joyce in January 2010.

Imler was terrific in "Memory Glow," but the Cerrudo doesn't really need her, Peck didn't choose her, at least for the first cast, and if she was second cast for the Wheeldon, it wasn't in the Korbes role, because that was Maria Chapman, who performed it second weekend, and it's unlikely it was the Foster role.

Korbes and Grant were replaced in Emeralds last night (Thursday) on the website, but was still scheduled for tonight's performance as of yesterday.