This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

How is Mimi doing?

How is Mimi doing in the last row of the corps de ballet (I assume)? She was featured in Teen Vogue's series Strictly Ballet along with a group of other SAB advanced dancers, a few of whom were chosen as NYCB apprentices.

Has anyone spotted her on stage? Or any of other apprentices? She was very beautiful and poised.

How is Mimi doing in the last row of the corps de ballet (I assume)? She was featured in Teen Vogue's series Strictly Ballet along with a group of other SAB advanced dancers, a few of whom were chosen as NYCB apprentices.

Has anyone spotted her on stage? Or any of other apprentices? She was very beautiful and poised.

I'll keep an eye out for her as soon as the season starts in NYC. Funny, my husband frequently has his eye on the corps for exceptional talent, and his percentage rate for predicting promotions is amazing!!

Mimi's last name is Staker and she is now officially a member of the corps, no longer an apprentice. According to my program, she danced in the snowflake section of at least 2 of the Nutcrackers I saw. I'll try to keep a look out for her during the winter season. Interestingly, a few of her fellow students (who were selected as apprentices at the same time) are still apprentices. A few others simply aren't there and a few, like Mimi, have corps contracts.