This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The POB October 4 performance of Harald Lander's Etudes, along with pieces performed by the POB school, will be livestreamed on www.culturebox.fr. Also included will be the company and school's annual défilé.

Livestream starts at 7:30 pm European time (1:30 pm Eastern Time); it will be available online for some time afterwards.

This performance is listed as "Lander/Forsythe" on the website, but the Forsythe pieces are not being performed for that evening.

This is a little confusing, because casting posted on the Paris Opera sites indicates that the Forsythe pieces will be performed on October 4. Perhaps the alternate program applies to the subsequent TV broadcast. ("Les ballets de Forsythe ne seront pas diffusés en différé.") Or we'll just have to tune in to see what we get.

ETUDES
Dorothée Gilbert, Karl Paquette, Josua Hoffalt

WOUNDWORK 1
Aurélie Dupont, Laëtitia Pujol, Hervé Moreau, Mathieu Ganio
PAS./PARTS
Marie-Agnès Gillot, Mélanie Hurel, Lydie Vareilhes, Laurène Lévy, Stéphanie Romberg, Emilie Hasboun, Pauline Verdusen, Marine Ganio, Audric Bezard, Cyril Mitilian, Yvon Demol, Simon Valastro, Sébastien Bertaud, Yann Saïz

Yes, something is out of whack here. For broadcast purposes Etudes is being paired with Aunis, Suite of Dances and a défilé, and in cinemas it's sharing the bill with Nutcracker highlights and the défilé. There is practically no Forsythe available on video. Perhaps he also has strange ideas about filming his ballets. (Which would be silly, if you ask me.) He did allow the broadcast of an all-Forsythe program from La Scala several years ago (Artifact Suite, Herman Schmerman, in the middle, somewhat elevated), but it's never been released on DVD.

We've now got a link for the stream. I notice that it is scheduled to begin at 20.36 [!] local time, or 2:36 pm Eastern, so presumably the Forsythe pieces are going first on the program, and we get to join in afterward.

http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/festivals/fetez-la-danse-avec-le-ballet-de-lopera-de-paris/soiree-de-ballet-a-lopera-de-paris-190599

For the moment the site indicates that the stream will be available only until October 5. I hope that's a mistake.

We've now got a link for the stream. I notice that it is scheduled to begin at 20.36 [!] local time, or 2:36 pm Eastern, so presumably the Forsythe pieces are going first on the program, and we get to join in afterward.

Yes that's what you can see from the running order of the casting on POB www

From culturebox twitter account, the Défilé will be available online after the TV broadcast , November 8th...

They mentioned technical problems for the live stream and POB twitter account apologized...

Roughly, after the regular Défilé, Benjamin Pech went backstage and came back with Brigitte Lefevre. She bowed alone then kissed and hugged all the Etoiles, they withdrew backstage and she bowed alone with a shower of confettis... then recent (or not) "retired" Etoiles came on stage with Angelin Preljocaj and... Benjamin Millepied... They bowed together in front of the audience.. She also called on stage technicians... There was a huge mix of people on stage… A great moment…
From culturebox twitter account, the Défilé will be available online after the TV broadcast , November 8th...
They mentioned technical problems for the live stream and POB twitter account apologized...
Roughly, after the regular Défilé, Benjamin Pech went backstage and came back with Brigitte Lefevre. She bowed alone then kissed and hugged all the Etoiles, they withdrew backstage and she bowed alone with a shower of confettis... then recent (or not) "retired" Etoiles came on stage with Angelin Preljocaj and... Benjamin Millepied... They bowed together in front of the audience.. She also called on stage technicians... There was a huge mix of people on stage… A great moment…

That does sound fantastic -- I'm so glad that it will be generally available after the television interest gets its turn.

I hope I am not shortening the lifespan of this video, but this link is being disseminated by POB dancers. The Culturebox version of the défilé is geo-blocked (which is too bad, because it was followed by a documentary about Brigitte Lefèvre's final year at the POB), but it has been posted on YouTube. Enjoy it while you can.