This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Initiative Podcast featuring Alicia Graf MackAlciai Graf Mack joins Christian on the new Ballet Initiative Podcast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 32tendu

32tendu

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

Alicia Graf Mack is the face of Alvin Ailey American Dance. Alicia joins me in the studio to talk about the back injury that is currently threatening to end her career. We also have a candid conversation about race in ballet, and the lack of women in executive roles in dance.

http://www.balletini...licia-graf-mack

#2 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for posting the podcast link.  I'm a huge Alicia Graf fan from when she was performing at DTH.  A very special dancer.  Sounds like she will not be back at Ailey for their  2014 City Center engagement, and may not return to dance at all, depending on how she heals.  I for one will be very sorry if she quits dance, but I will always have memories of her exquisite performances.

#3 32tendu

32tendu

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Thank you, abatt.

Alicia seems very happy and optimistic for the future.

She's grounded, smart and talented.

All the best,

Christian

@christiancudnik

@balletinitiativ

#4 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

A big thanks to you Christian and to Alicia Graf Mack for your great conversation about race in ballet.  It is wonderful to hear such frank, respectful discussions.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):