This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Misty Copeland Biopic?!!

It appears that there's a film producer who thinks that Misty's life story would make a good film.

I suspect this forum will become the home of debates about the worthiness of this topic, that are far more entertaining than a film could ever be.

I actually would prefer a story on the life of Raven Wilkinson.

Misty's Mom was a former NFL cheerleader so somebody more like Carmen Ejogo. For Susan Failes Hill, Paula Patton. For Kevin McKenzie, Peter Gallagher. For the woman who discovered Misty and was her first mentor, Sutton Foster.

For Misty herself, I don't like the idea of people playing themselves, so I'd say an unknown. Maybe Jasmine Perry who was featured in the Teen Vogue series about SAB.

Beyonce?! Good Lord no!

I think it's good news that the book and subject have excited interest for a feature film. I hope Copeland got a nice paycheck for the movie rights.

It's always best for a dancer to play a dancer. Given that this will be the story of someone who's still young and in mid-career, it would likely be ideal for her to play herself -- as an adult, of course; I expect there will also be scenes involving a very young Misty.

All this assumes that the project comes to fruition in timely fashion, which isn't always the case.

I think it's good news that the book and subject have excited interest for a feature film. I hope Copeland got a nice paycheck for the movie rights.

It's always best for a dancer to play a dancer. Given that this will be the story of someone who's still young and in mid-career, it would likely be ideal for her to play herself -- as an adult, of course; I expect there will also be scenes involving a very young Misty.

All this assumes that the project comes to fruition in timely fashion, which isn't always the case.

Jasmin Perry is a dancer. She went to SAB.