This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Robin Williams 1951-2014

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

P.S. Looking at this library "index card", I note that the lighting designer for this production was Jennifer Tipton.  I didn't know that before.  It's something that makes this production even more intriguing to me.

She is indeed an added incentive!

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

Williams' widow says he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's:

Williams, who grappled with addiction throughout his life, died in his California home on Monday with his “sobriety intact,” Schneider said.

“It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid,” she said. “Robin wanted us to laugh and feel less afraid.”

#18 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,331 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

From Dave Zirin in The Nation:

http://www.thenation...campaign=buffer

I loved him in "Dead Again" telling Branaugh to pick one and be it.

#19 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Williams' Reddit AMA, from 2013.

TheOneBadArtist: What was the craziest/funniest encounter you’ve had with a fan?

RobinWilliamsHere: A woman in the Dallas airport came up to me and literally said, “Be zany.” Like she had walked up to Baryshnikov and said, “Dance.”

I didn’t know how to respond. I just went, “Thank you! And Lincoln freed everyone.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):