This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cinderella

Does anyone know what versions there are of this full legnth ballet? The youth company that I perform in is doing this for its Spring performance. Yesterday in rehearsal I overheard my teacher and the director discussing if there were any other versions/recordings (?) available, than the one that we have. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

i'm unclear about your question: are you asking about audio recordings of prokofiev's "cinderella" or are you asking about video recordings of the same?

amazon would have a selection of both, you could click on the amazon banner above and type cinderella in the CD category as well as in the VHS category.

Sorry for the confusions, I meant musical recordings. The tapes that my teacher was using for our variation work is quite worn. I think they were discussing what was available...More along the lines of what cds there are available to use. Does that help?

I personally would like to get a video to watch before we start really diving into rehearsals. I'll be sure to check out amazon on that regard...but that is a different topic.

my apologies here, the thread clearly says: BALLET MUSIC, i read in haste, again...

but my point could still hold, as amazon also sells CDs, so if you highlight the CD category and type in prokofiev cinderella you might find a number of recordings of the full score, or try similarly on any site that features audio cd's. i should think there must a few recordings of this somewhat popular score.

There are several recordings of the complete 'Cinderella' score and the suites as well. I'd highy recommend the recording of the complete ballet that Andre Previn did with the London Symphony Orchestra in the late '70's. It's absolutely beautiful in every respect. Here's a link to Tower Records' website and their listing for the CD. Enjoy :-)!

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=1105160