This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Russes Gala. 07/27/14.

2 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I won't be able to make it-(working tonight)-but nevertheless, wishing much luck to this dancers, the last wage of defectors from La Assoluta's company. (My mom is going, so I will have first account on the performance..;-)  )

Ballets+Rusos+promo.png

Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami.

Artistic Director Pedro Pablo Pena

By popular demand the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami will bring to the Miamian stage some of the most beloved selections of the

Diaguilev Ballet Russes, featuring Bolshoi ballerina, Katherina Markowski, the nine recently exiled Cuban ballet dancers and other

guest soloists and corps de ballet of the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami.  The program will include audience favorites of the Diaguilev

era, like "Les Sylphides" , "Afternoon of a Faun", "Cleopatra", "Firebird", "Le Carnival", "Narcissus", "The Dying Swan"  and

"Scheherezade", with the added bonus of some favorite gala ciurcuit  PDD's, like "Le Corsaire" "The Fairy Doll" and "La Bayadere" 

Sunday, July 27 / 5:00 pm 2014

Miami Dade County Auditorium

TICKETS  ON SALE NOW 

TicketMaster.com-1800-745-3000

THEATER BOX OFFICE-305-547-5414

#2 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

Great repertoire! I imagine they are excerpts from all those ballets, b/c even though most are short works Firebird is around 45 minutes and Le Carnaval is about 30 minutes, etc. I assume the show is all excerpted pieces. 

It is still probably a wonderful show! 

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

They did this program already-(right when I was flying to Italy). My friend, whom also follows MCB,went to see it and loved it. Yes...they are excerpts of the ballets. Computarized projections of Benois and Baskt backdrops were used with great results, as I was told.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):