This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Le Corsaire

Hello,

I am looking for a recording of the Grand Pas de Deux from Le Corsaire. I need a recording that has the Pas, both solos, and coda. Also, I need the ladie's variation that has more of an adagio feeling (not the one Julie Kent does in ABT's version). Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!

Thank you.

Hi melissa, I'm a friend of LLM who is helping to search for this CD...I have placed an order on amazon and it expired with no sellers for this CD. Not being produced any more and no one was selling their used copies. Anyone out there interested in selling their copy of this? It is becomming a bit of an obsession with me!!

Hello AGAIN!

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who might be willing to make a copy of this CD for me. The CD is no longer available and I can't find it at a second hand store either. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

LLM, I have the full length Le Corsaire, Richard Bonynge, English Chamber Orchestra. I bought it at Virgin Records in London last year while I was there (not sure where you're located). I'm in the US. Let me know if you still need it and have had no success. I'm happy to burn a copy and mail it if you're comfortable with that. It's quite a nice recording.

I know I'm an unfamiliar name, but have actually been around BalletAlert for quite a while. Haven't posted much at all in the past year, but was a daily regular before! For those who remember me, I promise to be around more often!

Well, I ordered this full length....I like it and the quality is good, however... the variation that I ordered it on is not quite right. I like the music that is on ABT's Corsaire (Gillian Murphy's variation) and I thought maybe I could record off of my video, until I realized there is clapping in it! Any suggestions on how I can solve this one? I need something close to this version, but it's for a performance so I can't have clapping in it! I have a while until I need it but any help would be greatly appreciated!