• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LLM

LLM

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 08:53 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a recording of the Grand Pas de Deux from Le Corsaire. I need a recording that has the Pas, both solos, and coda. Also, I need the ladie's variation that has more of an adagio feeling (not the one Julie Kent does in ABT's version). Any suggestions would be wonderful!!!

Thank you.

#2 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 January 2002 - 09:52 PM

It's on an CD called Ballet Gala, conducted by Richard Bonynge on the London label.

#3 LLM

LLM

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 09:18 AM

Thank you!

I found that on Amazon, but was not sure if it was the entire recording. I also wasn't sure if it had the solo I wanted. Now that I know I will go ahead and get it.

Thanks again!

#4 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 10:31 AM

Yes, it has what you need and anything conducted by Richard Bonynge will be the proper tempo for dancing! That entire series is a great set.

#5 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 05:07 PM

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far. After all, his recording of the pas d'action from the Shades scene in Bayadere is almost funny, and his "Pas de Quatre" contains repeats in the music that aren't there in the choreography, as well as many sections too fast, but he's better than most.

#6 LLM

LLM

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 10:53 AM

Hello again,

I am now hoping that someone can give me an idea of where to find this cd. I can't find a place that sells it, even good old Amazon.

#7 Melissa

Melissa

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 09:17 AM

Here is the listing on Amazon for the Ballet Gala CD:

http://www.amazon.co...1442525-6492123

#8 Guest_MAC_*

Guest_MAC_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 24 February 2002 - 10:20 PM

Hi melissa, I'm a friend of LLM who is helping to search for this CD...I have placed an order on amazon and it expired with no sellers for this CD. Not being produced any more and no one was selling their used copies. Anyone out there interested in selling their copy of this? It is becomming a bit of an obsession with me!!

#9 LLM

LLM

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 05:39 PM

Hello AGAIN!

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who might be willing to make a copy of this CD for me. The CD is no longer available and I can't find it at a second hand store either. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

#10 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 02:11 AM

I know you wrote this thread a while ago, but I have every recording ever made of "Corsaire" and I could help you if you still need it.

#11 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 11:56 AM

i have it myself -but I live in South America, so there is no hope to make a copy for you.

However, I know it can be emailed. If someone out there cud give me the steps on how to do it, maybe I cud do it for you.

silvy

#12 sissonne

sissonne

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:29 AM

LLM, I have the full length Le Corsaire, Richard Bonynge, English Chamber Orchestra. I bought it at Virgin Records in London last year while I was there (not sure where you're located). I'm in the US. Let me know if you still need it and have had no success. I'm happy to burn a copy and mail it if you're comfortable with that. It's quite a nice recording.

I know I'm an unfamiliar name, but have actually been around BalletAlert for quite a while. Haven't posted much at all in the past year, but was a daily regular before! For those who remember me, I promise to be around more often!

#13 liljules5

liljules5

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:48 AM

I am looking into buying a full lenth CD of Corsaire to use for one of the variations in the pas de trois...(Gillian Murphy's in ABT's version) and I was wondering if anyone has used the version available on http://www.christoph.../lecorsaire.htm
Is this version "danceable"?
Thanks!

#14 liljules5

liljules5

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:09 PM

Well, I ordered this full length....I like it and the quality is good, however... the variation that I ordered it on is not quite right. I like the music that is on ABT's Corsaire (Gillian Murphy's variation) and I thought maybe I could record off of my video, until I realized there is clapping in it! Any suggestions on how I can solve this one? I need something close to this version, but it's for a performance so I can't have clapping in it! I have a while until I need it but any help would be greatly appreciated!

#15 Brioche

Brioche

Inactive Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:11 PM

Well we ordered the other recording of Le Corsaire - not the Bonynge - and it isn't really right for us. I'm hoping Sissone(I PM'd you) or someone else can help with a copy of the Bonynge version.

HELP!!! :D

David Hicks
Marketing Manager
Diablo Ballet

Diablo Ballet Web Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):