This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Throwback Thursdays at SFB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Some social media sites have been posting older photos on Thursdays for "Throwback Thursdays."  Today San Francisco Ballet sent out this tweet:

#ThrowbackThursday: Former Principal dancer and current SF Ballet School faculty member, Joanna Berman. #tbt

I still remember her perfume-filled performance of the Hayden role in "Liebeslieder Walzer" from 1998, and :flowers: to SFB for the reminder of her.

#2 Josette

Josette

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

I remember her as Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty.  Her vision scene was particularly beautiful.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

That's my favorite part of the ballet...  I would always have a soft spot for NYCB's Judith Fugate for the same reason, even if she hadn't dance another step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):