This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Veronika Part doing Giselle at the Mariinsky !!!

www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/playbill/2014/8/1/1_1930/

According to the Mariinsky website, our beloved Veronika is debuting at the Mariinsky in Giselle!! Huge Congratsss Veronika !!!!!

I wonder who will partner her !!

I think that is so amazing...guess what Kevin M...she is doing it and in the MARIISNKY !!!! coached there too, .....

you have one of the most stunning ballerinas of her generation totally underused ......what else do u need to finally open your eyes ????

I love this sentence from her bio, especially the 2nd and 3rd clauses:

"Veronika Part has appeared in projects run by the Kennedy Center and the Metropolitan Opera; has appeared with Roberto Bolle, Gustavo Dudamel, David Letterman and Marcelo Gomes; has collaborated with Suzanne Farrell, Judith Jamison and Chita Rivera."

(And when did she collaborate with Chita Rivera?!)

Can I get a visa in time for Aug. 1?

No Giselle last year at ABT, right? So we're thinking maybe 2015? (They seem to do it two years on, one year off.) And she recently danced in in Baltimore as well. So maybe she's ready to bring it home to NYC??

I wouldn't count on Part getting a Giselle at ABT. KM seems to have fixed ideas of dancers. Seo Hee and Isabella Boylston can do everything and others in his eyes are more limited. Don't get me wrong, I admire Boylston and Hee in some roles but they are thrown into lots of things that they flounder in, while chances are withheld from others.

I love this sentence from her bio, especially the 2nd and 3rd clauses:

"Veronika Part has appeared in projects run by the Kennedy Center and the Metropolitan Opera; has appeared with Roberto Bolle, Gustavo Dudamel, David Letterman and Marcelo Gomes; has collaborated with Suzanne Farrell, Judith Jamison and Chita Rivera."

(And when did she collaborate with Chita Rivera?!)

When did she "collaborate" with Farrell? Did Farrell coach her before she did Terpsichore with the Kirov?

Anyhow, congratulations Ms. Part! This is exciting news.

Congrats to Part. I used to think that McKenzie denied her certain roles like Juliet and Giselle because of her height and the difficulty of lifts. However, since he has been giving the very tall Semionova all those roles, it is apparent that height was not the deciding factor in his mind. I hope someone posts clips of Part's performance on You Tube.

Congratulations to Veronika Part! Though she is a commanding Myrtha, Part may be even more well-suited to the role of Giselle, especially the beautiful adagio sections of Act II. I felt as if her dancing stopped time when she appeared Les Sylphides last year, and I hope her artistry in Romantic roles will be nurtured by ABT. Her use of her upper body is still one of the major treasures of the dance world, and how could one not want to see what she would do with those arms in Giselle? Part did dance La Sylphide when it last appeared at the Met, but that was several years ago and I no longer have a vivid recollection of the performance.

Her NY fans will be there in spirit on August 1, throwing more bouquets onto the pile!

The Mariinsky Ballet administrators will weep when they see what they lost in Veronika Part.

now we all better hope they don't try to get her back!

That would be a tragedy for those of us in the US who adore her. I must say that among her many accomplishments, for me she is still the world's reigning Swan Queen.

The Mariinsky Ballet administrators will weep when they see what they lost in Veronika Part.

now we all better hope they don't try to get her back!

That would be a tragedy for those of us in the US who adore her. I must say that among her many accomplishments, for me she is still the world's reigning Swan Queen.

The only possible consolation for that would be the fact that we'd be far more likely to finally get some good video recordings while she's still in her prime. It's a tough call: 5-7 more years of live performances in NYC, or a lifetime of being able to watch her onscreen in a few of her signature roles. I really don't know which I'd choose!

It would break my heart to see her leave NY, but if it's her dream to be a prima ballerina at the Mariinsky, then I hope she gets exactly what she wants. I can't think of anyone more deserving. Her journey as a dancer has been an amazing and unusual one, with the most profound blossoming of her artistry and technique beginning in her early to mid-thirties. If anyone can make a career jump in the late summer of her career, it's Part. If something like this does happen, I just have my fingers crossed for frequent Mariinsky visits to New York and lots of videos.

I think any talks about her permanent move to Mariinsky are premature, a good part of the company will be in London at that time, they may just need some outside extra help. May be it's just my wishful thinking. If she were to move to Mariinsky I'd be very happy for her but sad that I wouldn't have much opportunity to see her.

BTW, it's an evening performance, not a weekday matinee, take that, Kevin!

The only possible consolation for that would be the fact that we'd be far more likely to finally get some good video recordings while she's still in her prime. It's a tough call: 5-7 more years of live performances in NYC, or a lifetime of being able to watch her onscreen in a few of her signature roles. I really don't know which I'd choose!

Or we could take matters into our own hands and have both. We could chip in to buy a whole center parterre box and discreetly set up an video cam there.

Many ABT performances are recorded and archived at NYPL Dance Collection but none of them featuring her as lead: http://nypl.bibliocommons.com/search?q="Part%2C+Veronica"&search_category=author&t=author

If ABT loses Part, there won't be much to see for me there until they acquire a ballerina of a comparable stature. This season I attended only three performances, because all Part appearances were matinees.

I agree, Waelsung, that without Part, ABT is nothing more than a regional company. Unless, of course, they promote Stella Abrera and give her principal roles.

The rest of the casting is finally out, poor Veronika has to dance opposite Ivanchenko's Albrecht! He shouldn't have any trouble with the lifts but Veronika will have to do all the acting for both of them!

Luckily she's gotten lots of practice in her years of Swan Lake with Cory Stearns...

I believe he is considered one of best partners in company, and is unquestionably very experienced. He regularly dances with their leading ballerinas. He is not my favorite either, but they are hardly sticking her with a dud or someone whose partnering skills (whatever his dramatic ones) could be compared with Stearns'...

oh god, she looks gloriously gorgeous........Kevin dam it !! are you blind ?

Why do we have to go through this ordeal of seeing dancers who are not ready taking on big roles, while gorgeous Veronika has to be doing matinees and stuck in the same roles for ever and ever, its so unfair and so distasteful.

Congrats to Veronika, this is really fantastic !!