This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Yulia Stepanova's «Swan Lake» · A special announcement

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Amour

Amour

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

does anyone know where Yulia Stepanova is dancing now? or why she left the Marinsky?

I'm catching up on this thread late. Wow, I had no idea Yulia left although I can think of many reasons why she would. Did her husband Kamil leave as well?

#17 Amour

Amour

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

does anyone know where Yulia Stepanova is dancing now? or why she left the Marinsky?

I'm catching up on this thread late. Wow, I had no idea Yulia left although I can think of many reasons why she would. Did her husband Kamil leave as well?

Ok, looked at Yulia's Facebook page. As best I can make out, both Yulia and Kamil have left the Mariinsky and are temporarily dancing with the Kremlin Ballet. We'll see if they stay there.

#18 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

Russian ballet companies are turning into Major League Baseball teams dealing with free agents.  

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

This happened a while back - two or three months ago - when she won the new Taglioni Prix in Berlin. At that time it was thought that she & husband might be joining a German company but now it appears that they've surfaced as colleagues of Joy Womack at the Kremlin! Best of luck to Julia & Kamil in their new home!

#20 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

Russian ballet companies are turning into Major League Baseball teams dealing with free agents.  

No fair making me laugh when I'm trying to drink my tea.

#21 MadameP

MadameP

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:20 AM

This happened a while back - two or three months ago - when she won the new Taglioni Prix in Berlin. At that time it was thought that she & husband might be joining a German company but now it appears that they've surfaced as colleagues of Joy Womack at the Kremlin! Best of luck to Julia & Kamil in their new home!

Yulia and Kamil have not signed any contract with the Kremlin Ballet, and do not appear on its roster, although they appeared as guest artistes in Firebird.  

#22 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Yulia and Kamil have not signed any contract with the Kremlin Ballet, and do not appear on its roster, although they appeared as guest artistes in Firebird.

A short gig is better than no gig. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):