Sara Mearns & Simon Ball in Swan Lake, Boca Ballet Theater

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

August 1-3, 2014 in Boca Raton FL  ( I have no connection with this company - just live close enough to attend.)

copied from

Boca Ballet Theatre is thrilled to continue to bring the highest caliber of guest artists 
to our community. We are excited to announce that Sara Mearns, a principal dancer with New York City 
Ballet, will guest star in Swan Lake as the double role of Odette/Odile - the evil black swan and the lovely 
white swan. Boca Ballet Theatre’s lavish production is staged after the original choreography of Marius 
Petipa and Lev Ivanov, and set to the music of Peter Tchaikovsky. Mearns will be joining guest artist 
Simon Ball, a principal dancer with Houston Ballet, dancing the enchanting role of Prince Siegfried. We 
are proud to welcome Ms. Mearns to our stage, and are equally thrilled that Mr. Ball will return to our 
stage after charming audiences as Romeo in 2013's Romeo and Juliet. 

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Kristen! If my work schedule allows me, I will go. Never seen Mearns onstage.  If I do maybe we can get together over the intermezzo or before the performance...? 

#3 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hey cubanmiamiboy. I'm going on Sunday the 3rd. Let me know if you'll be there and we'll meet up. I haven't seen Means live so it's a great opportunity to see her up close at a bargain price.

#4 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

I've posted a short review under OTHER AMERICAN BALLET COMPANIES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):