This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mary Ellen Moylan and Oleg Tupine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Strange little movie. They start out waltzing around to Sleeping Beauty, then do the Bluebird Pas de Deux and then do the Nutcracker Pas de Deux. Sound!

Sorry to flood the board with these but those folks have been busy!

http://www.chicagofi.../object_id/8688

#2 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

The opening Sleeping Beauty waltz [that was a correction, sleep deprivation...] was done by Moylan and Tupine, but according to the titles, the Bluebird pas de deux is actually performed by Melissa Hayden (Oh Millie!) and Michael Lland.

Moylan's way of moving makes me wonder what she would have made of Agon.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

At first it looked like something from this series:

Compilation of pas de deux filmed for the series Great moments of the dance, presented by Frank J. Hale. Filmed at the Imperial Studios of Ballet, Palm Beach, Florida.

...which also features Michael Maule and others, but I don't know all of the contents of the series.

#4 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Moylan's technique sill holds up so well from  a 2014 perspective.....I cannot say that about most of the dancers from her period  Such a loss for Balanchine and NYCB when she went to ABT....and yes, she was well suited for 'Agon'---I saw much of Moylan in her Balanchine days, particularly "Ballet Imperial" and "Danses Concertantes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):