This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2015 Met Season (Wish Lists and Predictions)

The 2014 season is almost over so we can start speculating/ wishing for the 2015 season. Aside from the previously announced Sleeping Beauty, what are the predictions/ wishes for the next season. I'll start with a wish for Ashton's La Fille... They have not done it for a while. Anyone else? Mussel ?

My Predictions:

La Bayadere

Ashton's Cinderella

Manon and/or Romeo and Juliet

Giselle

Ratmansky's Sleeping Beauty

Le Corsaire

Swan Lake

Two Mixed Bills (possible works include Fancy Free, Push Comes to Shove, a Balanchine piece and Tudor?)

I would also love to see 'La Fille Mal Gardee', 'Rhapsody', 'The Merry Widow', 'The Bright Stream' and 'Onegin.'

My main wish is that they stop humiliating Veronika Part by casting her in matinees only and give her at least one evening performance of SB, La Bayadere and Swan Lake.

I also wish they'd bring back Victoria Tereshkina and Vladimir Shklyarov for La Bayadere and whatever else they might chose to dance, and offer a couple of performances to Ekaterina Kondaurova (of course, she would have to be represented by the infamous Ardani Artists for that).

A Giselle, SB, Cinderella and/or R&J with Evgenia Obraztsova would be great too, thank you.

If they do all that, I wouldn't be able to afford much else, so I really don't care about the restwink1.gif

I wish they'd give Viktoria Part evening performances so that people who have to work for a living not as critics have the privilege of seeing her.

Funny, she does get evening performances in D.C., and while that might be attributed to there being less competition because guest stars don't dance with the company there, I recall both a Swan Lake and a Bayadere on Saturday nights - the most coveted spot, I would think.

I wish they'd give Viktoria Part evening performances so that people who have to work for a living not as critics have the privilege of seeing her.

Funny, she does get evening performances in D.C., and while that might be attributed to there being less competition because guest stars don't dance with the company there, I recall both a Swan Lake and a Bayadere on Saturday nights - the most coveted spot, I would think.

My wish is a year of either no guest artists or no more than 2. Two who are there because they actually increase ticket sales.

Predictions for next year:

Swan Lake

Giselle

Romeo and Juliet

Cinderella

Le Corsaire

Ratmansky's Sleeping Beauty

Mixed Bill including Fancy Free, Push Comes to Shove, Pillar of Fire

sorry realizing it's very similar to bookworms, but I made it before I saw that one!

Can't wait to see what they pick for us.

I'm thinking that Bolle and Vishneva are their best guests. Are those the two you are thinking of?

Bolle and Vishneva are both listed as company principals, not guest artists.

Even Vasiliev is still listed as a company principal. The title seems to apply rather broadly to people who are only there for a handful of performances nowadays!

You are not a lone voice on this. I very much enjoyed Smironova, Shkylarov, Tereshkina and Cojocaru and hope that they return. I'd be surprised if the offered Cojocaru another SL though. It just doesn't seem to be int he cards for Alina to do that role at the Met.

I'm thinking they might revive Merry Widow for Kent's benefit.

Next season wishes:

I echo the calls for more evening performances for Veronika, and for appearances by Tereshkina, Shklyarov, and Kondaurova.

I'd love to see Vishneva dance O/O again, and to see her in Ratmansky's new SB. And I fervently pray we get to see Stella as Giselle or Odette (though I know, to my chagrin, that this is unlikely).

I hope to see more opportunities given to some of the corps dancers who have shone this season: Skylar Brandt, Calvin Royal, Zhiyao Zang, and Joseph Gorak especially.

As for ballets, would be thrilled to see more Ashton: Cinderella again, and an all-Ashton mixed bill (A Month in the Country!). Would like Manon back just to see Diana and Marcelo dance it again. I'd love to see ABT do a kind of Russian-themed Ratmansky double bill with On the Dnieper and Russian Seasons, too.

You are not a lone voice on this. I very much enjoyed Smironova, Shkylarov, Tereshkina and Cojocaru and hope that they return. I'd be surprised if the offered Cojocaru another SL though. It just doesn't seem to be int he cards for Alina to do that role at the Met.

I'm thinking they might revive Merry Widow for Kent's benefit.

As her retirement performance?

No. Not for her retirement. Because there are very few roles Kent can still perform. The Merry Widow is an easy role that she can perform twice in one week.

Why retire when you can go on dancing a handful of nights each season and making $187k per year?