This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

If You Could Buy Just One Ballet Video....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 06:06 PM

if you make it up to new york, you can see it at the library for the performing arts, which has just moved back to its digs at lincoln center. although i can recognize some of the choreography, methinks a lot was changed to accommodate the restrictions of the space they were filming in. mr. b makes a great drosselmeyer!

#17 tendumom

tendumom

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2001 - 09:58 PM

I am finding that some of the desirable videos are "special order" at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Any suggestions for other sources that might arrive before Christmas?

Also, I am trying to decide between two Balanchine selections : Balanchine Selection from Jewels with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins and includes Violin Concerto with Kay Mazzo or a triple bill video: Tzigane; Divertimento #15; and the Four Temperaments this also included S. Farrell, Peter Martins, Adam Luders, to name a few. Suggestions?

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: tendumom ]

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: tendumom ]

#18 Allegro

Allegro

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 10:10 AM

OHHHH!
I LOVE the NYCB Jewels!!! The Diamonds with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins is beautiful, but I like the Emeralds pas de trois. THe music gives me goosebumps.
I also like the Royal Ballet's Sleeping Beauty. Just beautiful ballet, well danced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):