This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

If You Could Buy Just One Ballet Video....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 06:06 PM

if you make it up to new york, you can see it at the library for the performing arts, which has just moved back to its digs at lincoln center. although i can recognize some of the choreography, methinks a lot was changed to accommodate the restrictions of the space they were filming in. mr. b makes a great drosselmeyer!

#17 tendumom

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2001 - 09:58 PM

I am finding that some of the desirable videos are "special order" at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Any suggestions for other sources that might arrive before Christmas?

Also, I am trying to decide between two Balanchine selections : Balanchine Selection from Jewels with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins and includes Violin Concerto with Kay Mazzo or a triple bill video: Tzigane; Divertimento #15; and the Four Temperaments this also included S. Farrell, Peter Martins, Adam Luders, to name a few. Suggestions?

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: tendumom ]

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: tendumom ]

#18 Allegro

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 10:10 AM

I LOVE the NYCB Jewels!!! The Diamonds with Suzanne Farrell and Peter Martins is beautiful, but I like the Emeralds pas de trois. THe music gives me goosebumps.
I also like the Royal Ballet's Sleeping Beauty. Just beautiful ballet, well danced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):