This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tchaikovsky pas de deux

Guest dnclvr

Guest dnclvr

Does anybody know where I could get the music to Tchiakovsky Pas de Deux? I've been using music off a video, but that isn't going to do it forever. I've been looking, but with no success. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

dnclvr

any number of complete swanlake recordings include this as a 'supplementary number' in the third act where it was originally intended to be given. my LONDON recording of swanlake conducted by dutoit (w/ the orchestre symphonique de montreal) has it in place as track 9, disk 1:

numero supplementaire: pas de deux

I introduction

II moderato - andante

III variation 1 (allegro moderato)

IV variation 2 (allegro)

V coda (allegro molto vivace)

[ March 06, 2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: rg ]

I have the Lanchbery recording and recommend it also, however, that version does have some cuts in other places. (Maybe someone should come up with The Really Totally Complete Swan Lake at some point, if they haven't already. smile.gif )

this won't help w/ the 'tchaik. pdd' query but JVC brought out the 1895 swanlake music a few years ago, w/ some very good notes in chartform delineating the variations of 1895, which is the version most often staged, and the '77 score in toto. the JVC production includes all the drigo interpolations, etc. it put an end to the irony that most popular of ballets, i.e. this petipa/ivanov re-do of swanlake, was nowhere on record, while the '77 complete score, which was hardly ever staged as composed, was fully and widely available.