This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Megan Fairchild to Make Her Broadway Debut in "On The Town"

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

I saw the show last night.  Very fun and wonderful performances from everyone.  The scenic designs are cheap looking, but they were serviceable.  It was a rare treat to have a full orchestra. Megan did a terrific job and the audience loved her.  Her voice in the show is similar to the speaking voice I have heard her use in various video clips at NYCB, so she is not feigning the cute little voice.  For my money, I was blown away by the actress that played Hildy. Great voice, perfect comic timing and a charismatic stage presence.   Jackie Hoffman had some terrific, scene stealing schtick.  Go and enjoy.

As an aside, I saw former lead NY Times dance critic Anna Kisselgoff in the audience last night.   

#107 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

I see that 50% off tickets are available at TKTS at Time Square for today's matinee: https://www.tdf.org/nyc/81/TKTS-Live

#108 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

It's a gigantic theater.  There is no possible way they can fill the house at full price, so I'm not surprised that a signficant portion of the seats are availabe at TKTS.  I'm sure a high proportion of the seats were sold at a discount.

#109 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:09 AM

The second hour of NPR's On Point with Tom Ashbrook this morning will be on Seventy Years Of Broadway's 'On The Town," and will feature Ben Brantley, chief theater critic for the New York Times, Adam Green, theater critic for Vogue, contributor to The New Yorker and Vanity Fair, and son of Adolph Green, one of the original lyricists for the show, and Josh Bergasse, the choreographer. It can be heard live at 11 EST and will be archived later in the day. Go here.

Seventy years after its first production, “On the Town” is back on Broadway. We’ll look at the collaboration that led to the creation of this jubilant show.

#110 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

Megan Fairchild is delightful in Kimberly Falker's new podcast interview all about how Fairchild got the part, the rehearsal process, and performing the show:

http://balancing-poi...-broadway-town/

or it can be downloaded from iTunes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):