This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Megan Fairchild to Make Her Broadway Debut in "On The Town"

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#106 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

I saw the show last night.  Very fun and wonderful performances from everyone.  The scenic designs are cheap looking, but they were serviceable.  It was a rare treat to have a full orchestra. Megan did a terrific job and the audience loved her.  Her voice in the show is similar to the speaking voice I have heard her use in various video clips at NYCB, so she is not feigning the cute little voice.  For my money, I was blown away by the actress that played Hildy. Great voice, perfect comic timing and a charismatic stage presence.   Jackie Hoffman had some terrific, scene stealing schtick.  Go and enjoy.

As an aside, I saw former lead NY Times dance critic Anna Kisselgoff in the audience last night.   

#107 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

I see that 50% off tickets are available at TKTS at Time Square for today's matinee: https://www.tdf.org/nyc/81/TKTS-Live

#108 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

It's a gigantic theater.  There is no possible way they can fill the house at full price, so I'm not surprised that a signficant portion of the seats are availabe at TKTS.  I'm sure a high proportion of the seats were sold at a discount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):