• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Rome.  By All Means, Rome.  I will cherish my visit here, in memory, for as long as I live.  

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Yes, I meant the free visits to churches, although as Mashinka notes, some of them DID have a person in the entrance collecting a fee to tourists. On the other side, almost all of them had written instructions for parishioners or just for those who solely wanted to pray, in which case there's no fee.  Now, many churches have their best paintings in the sacristy-(as with Tintoretto's "Marriage at Cana" at Santa Maria della Salute)-for which you have to pay a separate fee, even if the church itself is free. Some other works were just there in plain view in hidden churches, almost invisible to tourists, like Bernini's"L'estasi di Santa Teresa" in Santa Maria della Vittoria, which I bumped into almost by chance...

#18 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thank you for the clarification! 

It still sounds as if you had an amazing time, and I am happy for you and glad you took the time to tell us about it! 

-d-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):