This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PLease help with music

Guest sweetdreemzz143

Guest sweetdreemzz143

hi. My name is nicole and in my recitalt this year i'm doing a variation of La Fille Mal Gardee. We have a video of it, so that was how i learned my dance. Now, however, as its getting close to the recital, we're looking for a cd or sometihing with the song on it. It is impossible to find. If anyone knows where i got find it or get that, it would be a huge help. Thank you so much. Just email me. xxxx@xxx.xxx

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: Mel Johnson ]

Unfortunately, the only recording of Lanchbery's Fille is long out=of-print in the US. You may have to take the music off the video. (But don't tell anybody I told you to do that! Copyright problems)

Now, Welcome to Ballet Talk. I've taken your email address off your post in the interest of your own security.

Guest sweetdreemzz143

no its not copywrite because the video i learned it from was of my dance teachers recital from her old studio, so she had already altered the dance.... its not the same one as the real dance, hence the name "variation"

You said you'd learned the dance from the video, in your first post, and I think that was what people were responding to.

Copyright applies even to school recitals, and changing a step or two doesn't change that.

I'm going to close this thread. The question has been answered as best we can.

How about getting the CD ordered via Internet? Suppose it should be available there?? (I had no problems finding it - although some years ago... - in Germany...)

- Just checked the web, and although I am not sure if it is ok to post this here (I don't get a cent from amazon!), try www.amazon.co.uk, search for "La Fille mal gardee" in Classical Music, there you will find it! I hope there's still enough time for you to get the CD - no doubt the quality will be better than taken from the video..

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Sonja ]