Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

http://www.timeout.c...-new-dance-film

#32 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

Tom & Stella = Albrecht & Giselle? If only....

#33 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I was just saying today that I would like to see Tom as Albrect.  Watched company class today and he had some beautiful front cabrioles and lovely arches for those sixes.  He probably has some acting chops too, watching him as both an evil step-sister and in the Moor's Pavane.  He should also get a shot at the purple von rothbart, especially with Sascha and Jared leaving after this season.

#34 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Agree that Forster is a soulful dancer.  Saw him in ABT's Lilac Garden and Company B at Sadler's Wells a few years back and thought him most impressive.  I feel too he may well be an impactful Albrecht opposite the tantalizing Ms. Abrera.  They are vividly matched. 

The STELLA AND TOM video is most beautifully shot.  The steady cam operator is a true artist .... and the setting spectacular.  Congratulations to the wonderful Mr. Salstein for exercising such apt taste in support of each and every element.  

#35 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I liked this very much, but coming as it does right on top of the PBS screenings of the LeClerq documentary I was thinking of all the filmed duets we've seen staged as if it were an emotional encounter in the studio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):