This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The ABT Dancer - Video release

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 bad feet

bad feet

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

http://www.timeout.c...-new-dance-film

#32 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

Tom & Stella = Albrecht & Giselle? If only....

#33 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I was just saying today that I would like to see Tom as Albrect.  Watched company class today and he had some beautiful front cabrioles and lovely arches for those sixes.  He probably has some acting chops too, watching him as both an evil step-sister and in the Moor's Pavane.  He should also get a shot at the purple von rothbart, especially with Sascha and Jared leaving after this season.

#34 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Agree that Forster is a soulful dancer.  Saw him in ABT's Lilac Garden and Company B at Sadler's Wells a few years back and thought him most impressive.  I feel too he may well be an impactful Albrecht opposite the tantalizing Ms. Abrera.  They are vividly matched. 

The STELLA AND TOM video is most beautifully shot.  The steady cam operator is a true artist .... and the setting spectacular.  Congratulations to the wonderful Mr. Salstein for exercising such apt taste in support of each and every element.  

#35 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I liked this very much, but coming as it does right on top of the PBS screenings of the LeClerq documentary I was thinking of all the filmed duets we've seen staged as if it were an emotional encounter in the studio.

#36 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

The company is launching a YouTube channel:

AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE LAUNCHES

YouTube CHANNEL

American Ballet Theatre has launched the ABT YouTube Channel, under the channel name of “ABTBalletTheatre.”  Offering an in-depth and candid look at the Company, the ABT YouTube channel showcases current dancers in two or three minute vignettes.  Taped segments explore experiences and points of view of ABT dancers, while adding to the experience of ABT performances with behind-the-scenes footage of rehearsals and day-to-day Company life.  Videos featuring special events and Company activity will also be posted.

American Ballet Theatre’s YouTube channel covers such topics as performance rituals, perseverance and competition.  Featured Meet the Dancer segments highlight dancers from each rank of the Company.  The channel provides users with a new social media experience in addition to ABT’s Facebook and Twitter presence.

Access to the ABT YouTube Channel can be found at www.youtube.com under the channel name of “ABTBalletTheatre.”

#37 nanushka

nanushka

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Welcome to the 21st century, ABT!  Here's hoping they actually do something substantial with it and even perhaps begin to compile a decent record of their dancers' work for posterity.

#38 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Fantastic! Thank you for posting.

#39 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

Does anyone know: Is there any way to "subscribe" to this YouTube channel so that you'll receive an email when each new video is posted, or do you have to go to YouTube and put it in the Search box every time?

#40 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone know: Is there any way to "subscribe" to this YouTube channel so that you'll receive an email when each new video is posted, or do you have to go to YouTube and put it in the Search box every time?

On the home page of the ABT channel, look to the far right under the image from Swan Lake. There's a little grayish box you click to subscribe or unsubscribe. Easy to miss. When you go to YouTube, it usually shows you newly loaded videos from all your subscriptions on the first page.

One puzzle: This channel has been on line for three months and I subscribed back then, so I'm not clear on why they are just now sending out a press release. Maybe they wanted to wait until they had several videos to choose from? 

#41 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

On the home page of the ABT channel, look to the far right under the image from Swan Lake. There's a little grayish box you click to subscribe or unsubscribe. Easy to miss. When you go to YouTube, it usually shows you newly loaded videos from all your subscriptions on the first page.

One puzzle: This channel has been on line for three months and I subscribed back then, so I'm not clear on why they are just now sending out a press release. Maybe they wanted to wait until they had several videos to choose from? 

Thank you, California!

#42 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

Perhaps they wanted to do the dance video equivalent of the restaurant "soft opening"

#43 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

California, am I right that you must have a gmail account in order to subscribe to a youtube channel? I've not been able to sign in using my email address which is not from google. Thanks!

#44 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

California, am I right that you must have a gmail account in order to subscribe to a youtube channel? I've not been able to sign in using my email address which is not from google. Thanks!

Gosh -- I honestly don't know. But Google e-mail is free and you could set up an account and never use it. 

#45 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Gosh -- I honestly don't know. But Google e-mail is free and you could set up an account and never use it. 

Ok, tried that, thanks! Subscribed to ABT and Kathryn Morgan channels. I'll see how that goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):