This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB 2015 Promotions and new members

New company members and promotions for the 2015 season. Congratulations to all.

The actual pages showing company members have not been updated yet, but here’s the link to the principals page for future reference. (No official word yet about Froustey.)

Promotions/Level

Max Cauthorn Corps de Ballet

Luke Ingham Principal Dancer

Carlos Quenedit Principal Dancer

Aaron Renteria Corps de Ballet

Miranda Silveira Corps de Ballet

Mingxuan Wang Corps de Ballet

New Company Members/Level

Carolyn Lippert Corps de Ballet

Skyla Schreter Corps de Ballet

Joseph Walsh Soloist

New Apprentices/Training

Samantha Bristow SF Ballet School

Thamires Chuvas SF Ballet School

Benjamin Freemantle SF Ballet School

Norika Matsuyama SF Ballet School

John-Paul Simoens SF Ballet School

Ami Yuki SF Ballet School

Great information to hear - thanks, as always, Peggy. You are my go-to person for news about the SFB, that's for sure!

Joseph Walsh sounds like an exciting addition. I always enjoy seeing the list of new dancers, although I suppose this isn't an official 2015 roster, is it? Bet there's one or two more surprises to come.

Joseph Walsh sounds like an exciting addition. I always enjoy seeing the list of new dancers, although I suppose this isn't an official 2015 roster, is it? Bet there's one or two more surprises to come.

The website has been updated, so I guess it's 'official', although you are right, sometimes additions are made.

I noticed that, like last year, Nicole Ciapponi isn't listed on the website among the corps dancers, though she was added a week or so later; however, I never saw her cast for any performance I attended during the 2014 season.

She wasn't there last week when I checked the SFB website. I hope this means she's in for the entire 2015 season and not just the Italy-Paris tour this July. In one of her interviews from about a year ago, Froustey said her agreement included her dancing with SFB for the Paris tour. Fingers crossed for Messmer and Froustey both remaining with SFB.

Soloist Shane Wuerthner was also not on the SFB website soloist roster last week but his picture has returned all of a sudden along with Messmer's.

He must also be going on tour to Paris and then that will be it for him.

Ruben Martin Cintas and Damian Smith are also back on the roster. I listened to the last Meet the Artist interview of the season, which was with Ruben. He said that he was going on tour to Paris. I also recall in an article that Damian was also going on tour to Paris. Lastly, Corps member Luke Willis is also back on the roster. But in the next to last Meet the Artist interview he announced that this would be his last season and was going to film school in the fall. At the time he hadn't decided where, but said most likely it would be in Southern California. But he must also be going to Paris and then that will be it for him.

Wish I could go to Paris to see them.... On another note I was in Rome a few weeks ago and saw the posters for the Spoleto Dance Festival.

The SFB roster as of Aug 9th is very much confusing me! That would be great if Messmer remained there for the upcoming season, but we all know that Ruben Martin Cintas and Damian Smith aren't going to be around. Do you suppose they were getting a little crafty, trying to beef up the roster for a PR angle while touring? But they're most decidedly done touring now...

Peggy, the roster was looking rather slim, I thought today, particularly the soloist section. (No Messmer, Wuerthner, Quenedit.) There are "image coming soon" spots for 4 new dancers (2 new corps dancers I hadn't heard mentioned) and I see that Marie Claire D'Lyse is off the corps list, as is Nicole Ciapponi. Sorry to see the last two go - they were lovely corps dancers, both of them. And sorry to see that Messmer wasn't back for the season after all.

Peggy, the roster was looking rather slim, I thought today, particularly the soloist section. (No Messmer, Wuerthner, Quenedit.) There are "image coming soon" spots for 4 new dancers (2 new corps dancers I hadn't heard mentioned) and I see that Marie Claire D'Lyse is off the corps list, as is Nicole Ciapponi. Sorry to see the last two go - they were lovely corps dancers, both of them. And sorry to see that Messmer wasn't back for the season after all.

The soloists roster looks very slim indeed (Quenedit, in case you missed it, was promoted to Principal in May). Concerning Messmer: I lamented mishandling Messmer's case not once in recent months. Such a fabulous dancer, what a missed opportunity for the San Francisco Ballet... Even if Tómasson initially had doubts about who could be her partner, she seemed to find a fitting partner in Castilla.

Concerning Messmer: I lamented mishandling Messmer's case not once in recent months. Such a fabulous dancer, what a missed opportunity for the San Francisco Ballet... Even if Tómasson initially had doubts about who could be her partner, she seemed to find a fitting partner in Castilla.

Hi MathildeK: I’m curious about your comment: ‘mishandling Messmer’s case’. Since the announcement that she would not return, I’ve done a bit of (admittedly half-hearted) Googling to see if I could come up with any information on why she isn’t coming back, but without luck. Did you find something official out there that I’ve missed that explains what happened? I’ve just assumed she got a better offer elsewhere, which hasn’t been publicized yet.

Thanks

Peggy