This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Saturday, May 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

A review of Ballet West by Heather Hayes in The Deseret News.

“Innovations” is perhaps the most visible means of embracing ballet’s inevitable evolution. The program involves dancers submitting their ideas to Sklute for a chance to choreograph in the annual season closer. When making his selections, Sklute considers the musical interest, how each piece will complement the others and whether it will stretch the boundaries of ballet.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

A preview of Ballet West's annual "Innovations" showcase by Kathy Adams in The Salt Lake Tribune.

Only two weeks before "theater week," when the dancers were expected onstage for lighting and staging, guest choreographer Matthew Neenan arrived to start work on his new ballet and began mentally casting and recasting with no decision in sight.

Four dancer-choreographers already part of Ballet West characteristically acclimated to the short time they had to work with their dancers.

The company holds its "Couture in Motion" fundraiser.

Proceeds from the event benefit Ballet West’s education and outreach programs, including I CAN DO (Inspiring Children About Not Dropping Out), Ballet West for Children, Ballet West In-Theatre Performances and First Look.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

A preview of Justin Peck's new ballet by in The Huffington Post.

Their latest production is very much a team effort. After the success of "Rabbit," Peck asked Stevens to compose music from scratch for "Everywhere We Go." Stevens would send samples of music to Peck and the two would have long discussions before Peck would begin choreographing in response to the samples Stevens sent -- a process that's in stark contrast from the usual music commission, where composers simply write the entire piece and hand it over to the choreographer. Peck and Stevens ended up working together to whittle down Stevens' hour-long composition to the approximately 40-minute show they're in the midst of perfecting.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,555 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

Natasha Kusen talks about her favorite spots in Sydney.

What is the most beautiful spot in Sydney?

Whenever I'm away from Sydney I miss the beaches. You can't compare them to anything in the world. I'm lucky that I have Maroubra beach really close to me. We have to be careful too not to get too tanned, especially for the seasons where we have to be a swan. We can't get burnt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):