Greetings from San Diego!Intro from a new board patron and casual fan...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ClaraFan

ClaraFan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hello, all.

I'm Cory, a thirty-something male, and live in Hillcrest, San Diego. I am not a dancer, but a fan, and a fairly casual one at that. I guess I'm just here to learn more. 

I went to the Nutcracker as a small kid here in San Diego. I have very scarce, but fun, memories of going. So, when the movie First Position came out at my local theater (which carries mainly art/budget films), I decided I'd give it a try (one can almost never go wrong at that theater). I came out of that movie in awe. I soon started following Miko Fogarty on Facebook. 

I went to the Nutcracker again that winter, put on by California Ballet, which appears to be the biggest company in our fair city. I found myself in awe of the dancing and especially the costumes (the latter inspiring my username on here). However, I needed to read up on the plot afterwards in order to understand what it was all about. Plus, I am not up on all the terminology, even plie (sp?) and barre and such. 

So...now I'm rambling. I come here as a fan and observer, in search of knowledge.

Still looking at the Rules/Regs and hints for newbies, letting that sink in. So, that's all for now. 

Thank you.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Welcome, ClaraFan. Nutcracker is a great place to start!  Thanks for taking the time to read the Rules/Regs and hints, and please jump in with questions or comments when you're ready.

#3 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Echoing Alexandra's 'hello' -- let us know what you're seeing in your part of the world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):