Figure Skating Competitions...the artistic side

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Melissa

Melissa

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 08:55 AM

I find it hard to choose whom to root for in the ladies' competition. Sasha Cohen is very talented technically and artistically, and interprets her music well. There's also an attack to her skating that's striking. But I love Michelle Kwan too. Her performances at Nationals were wonderful and she has a maturity that Sasha doesn't quite have yet. In any event, the ladies' competition will be quite a horse race, and it would be great if Michelle, Sasha and Sarah sweep the medals.

I don't know what's going on with the men's competition. But I won't be rooting for Todd Eldredge whose skating has never appealed to me. His skating has always been about technique at the expense of artistry. And I totally agree with the comment about his wretched taste in music.

In the pair's, I'm with Salle/Pelletier all the way. They have a complete package: technique, artistry and chemistry. I wish they would perform their exquisite Tristan & Isolde long program, but the Love Story program is wonderful too.

#32 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,106 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 05:34 PM

Harry Pearson reports for the Daily Mail on the new No Crotch regulations, and other matters of skating scandal and comment:

http://www.mg.co.za/...iceskating.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):