This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

William Forsythe appointed to USC faculty

According the Travis Wall, choreographer/leader of "Team Stage" on the current season of "So You Think You Can Dance," the dancer he considered the strongest has opted to go to USC instead:

Behind the scenes, one of my favorite dancers ever right now her name is Alyssa Allen, and they were showing a lot of her, but then they never got around to showing what happened. They offered her a spot, because she was definitely number one on everyones list, but she just got her acceptance into USC. Theyre starting this amazing new dance program at USC, and William Forsythe, our huge European inspiration as a choreographer, is heading up the dance department. Alyssa asked me what she should do, and I wanted her on the show so badly I couldve had an awesome shot winning this show with her but whats more important was her college education. The amount of training she is going to get is incomparable. Were happy that she made that decision, and once shes out of college, I told her to call me up, because shes got a job in two seconds. Those are the things you have to deal with as a dancer.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/08/so-you-think-you-can-dance-travis-wall-introduces-team-stage-mentor-blog