This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Paloma Herrera

cargill

Paloma Herrera has just sent out an email saying that 2015 will be her last year dancing. I hope that this Friday isn't her final Don Q, because I can't go, and I just love her in that. I would really like to see her again as the red pocket book girl in Fancy Free, too, so I hope that happens. Mary

Wow. I think many people, including myself, have been wondering about when she'll retire. She's certainly had a very nice long career at ABT.

On a side note, I am very surprised that Julie Kent hasn't announced her retirement yet. She'll turn 45 in July.

Yes, sad to see Paloma leave. I recall when she and Angel were the ABT youngsters. The end of an era. Better to leave when you're still in good form than to drag it out to the point where the entire audience is painfully aware of your limitations and diminished state.

I remember from the VHS tape of ABT (ABT now?) with interviews in between pieces when Corella said he loved to work with Herrera because they were young and always gave 110%.

Seattle audiences got to see her Giselle with Stiefel and Abrerra, when ABT toured there in 2001.