This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends- Sarasota Ballet

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

Please say more. Please.

First was Rose Adagio- Cojocaru, Kobborg, Kristopher Wojtera- from Louisville Ballet, and 2 Sarasota men. Showed off her balances!

Next was Freeflow choreographed by Adam Houghland- Erica De La O and Wojtera- both from Louisville Ballet. Music by Bach- contemporary with bare legs and pointe shoes.

Next Le Corsaire pas with Misa Kuranaga- Boston Ballet and Daniil Simkin. Both looked good together and loved her double fouettes!

Les Lutins- choreography by Kobborg with Alina, Herman Cornejo, and Simkin. 2 men trying to outdo each other for the lady with live piano and violin- cute.

Manon pas- Kobborg and Cojocaru- lovely

Coppelia pas- Shelby Elsbree- Boston Ballet- she is from Sarasota, and Daniel Ulbricht

Les Bourgeois- Simkin

Don Q Divertissements- all of the above except for Wojtera. 5th woman was Kate Kadow from State Street Ballet- also some connection to Florida.

Really enjoyed the performance- especially Cojocaru- she is amazing!