This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends- Sarasota Ballet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

#2 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

Please say more.  Please.

#3 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

First was Rose Adagio- Cojocaru, Kobborg, Kristopher Wojtera- from Louisville Ballet, and 2 Sarasota men. Showed off her balances!

Next was Freeflow  choreographed by Adam Houghland- Erica De La O and Wojtera- both from Louisville Ballet. Music by Bach- contemporary with bare legs and pointe shoes.

Next Le Corsaire pas with Misa Kuranaga- Boston Ballet and Daniil Simkin. Both looked good together and loved her double fouettes!

Les Lutins- choreography by Kobborg with Alina, Herman Cornejo, and Simkin. 2 men trying to outdo each other for the lady with live piano and violin- cute.

Manon pas- Kobborg and Cojocaru- lovely

Coppelia pas- Shelby Elsbree- Boston Ballet- she is from Sarasota, and Daniel Ulbricht

Les Bourgeois- Simkin

Don Q Divertissements- all of the above except for Wojtera. 5th woman was Kate Kadow from State Street Ballet- also some connection to Florida.

Really enjoyed the performance- especially Cojocaru- she is amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):