This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends- Sarasota Ballet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

#2 vipa

vipa

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I went to the matinee of Sarasota Ballet's last subscription series today- Johan Kobborg, Alina Cojocaru and friends. Also dancing were Daniil Simkin, Herman Cornejo, Daniel Ulbricht, Misa Kuranaga, Shelby Elsbree, and 2 Louisville Ballet dancers. I have never seen such amazing balances as Alina did. 3 performances total.

Please say more.  Please.

#3 balletgirl22sk

balletgirl22sk

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

First was Rose Adagio- Cojocaru, Kobborg, Kristopher Wojtera- from Louisville Ballet, and 2 Sarasota men. Showed off her balances!

Next was Freeflow  choreographed by Adam Houghland- Erica De La O and Wojtera- both from Louisville Ballet. Music by Bach- contemporary with bare legs and pointe shoes.

Next Le Corsaire pas with Misa Kuranaga- Boston Ballet and Daniil Simkin. Both looked good together and loved her double fouettes!

Les Lutins- choreography by Kobborg with Alina, Herman Cornejo, and Simkin. 2 men trying to outdo each other for the lady with live piano and violin- cute.

Manon pas- Kobborg and Cojocaru- lovely

Coppelia pas- Shelby Elsbree- Boston Ballet- she is from Sarasota, and Daniel Ulbricht

Les Bourgeois- Simkin

Don Q Divertissements- all of the above except for Wojtera. 5th woman was Kate Kadow from State Street Ballet- also some connection to Florida.

Really enjoyed the performance- especially Cojocaru- she is amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):