SFB 2014 Program 7

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Josette

Josette

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Simone Messmer will not be returning to SFB next year, according to Alan Urich in Monday's SFGate. 

#17 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

I checked her Twitter feed, hoping for news, and she hasn't posted anything since December.  I hope she's found another great company to dance with.

#18 jsmu

jsmu

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Josette, that's distressing about Messmer. She is unique and fascinating, and I was hoping for much more of her. I was very upset not only not to see her in the pas de cinq but not even to see the pas de cinq AT ALL...with no announcement, no nothing. SFB needs some help in proper etiquette towards its audience. Ugh. Did the pas de cinq--with Chung or Andre--happen at your performance???

About Suite--Yes, it's possible that de Sola was nervous (the pas de trois is difficult, and the fouettes very exposed) but I've seen that same hard face and demeanor in almost all the things I've seen her dance. We must hope that Froustey doesn't go back to POB, which obviously doesn't appreciate her (Albisson is a good dancer, but leapfrogging twice over Froustey in nine months, being made etoile on the heels of her promotion to premiere danseuse? NO!)

Chung is a goddess and continues to do ever more ravishing and subtle things.

#19 Josette

Josette

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Yes, Chung danced it, exceptionally and honestly, as she always does.   I made my comments about De Sola, because at the beginning of last year, the 2013 season, I saw a tense jaw, mouth and eyes, which was not characteristic of her when she was in the corps de ballet, and then that face disappeared by the end of the season, and she was back to her radiant self in each performance I saw this year until Suite en Blanc. (I tend to sit as close as possible to the stage.)  I think Suite en Blanc could be a terror for anyone not trained at the POB school.   And I am disappointed that I will not be able to watch the beautiful Simone Messmer next season. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):