This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Colorado Ballet 2014-15 roster

In comparing the most recent print program with the current web site, there have been several changes:

http://www.coloradoballet.org/company/dancers

Dana Benton and Domenico Luciano have been promoted from soloist to principal.

Two soloists are missing from the roster entirely: Adam Still and Caitlin Valentine-Elllis

Corps members missing from the roster: Lesley Allred, Christopher Ellis, Charlotte Lanning, Kelsie Nobriga

That's only 24 listed at this point, but I suppose there could still be additions before the company returns in August.

In comparing the most recent print program with the current web site, there have been several changes:

Dana Benton and Domenico Luciano have been promoted from soloist to principal.

Two soloists are missing from the roster entirely: Adam Still and Caitlin Valentine-Elllis

Corps members missing from the roster: Lesley Allred, Christopher Ellis, Charlotte Lanning, Kelsie Nobriga

That's only 24 listed at this point, but I suppose there could still be additions before the company returns in August.

IMHO, losing Adam Still would be a significant loss. He appeared to this non-expert to have a lot of upside. Certainly he is a dancer who commands the stage when he has a solo.

YAY!!! for Dana Benton, who paid her dues and was finally rewarded with this promotion.

IMHO, losing Adam Still would be a significant loss. He appeared to this non-expert to have a lot of upside. Certainly he is a dancer who commands the stage when he has a solo.

Unfortunately, Adam suffered a knee injury last winter that kept him out of Cinderella (as the jester) in February and the mixed bill at the University of Denver in March.

I thought he was best as the Chosen One (the Baryshnikov role) in Tetley's Rite of Spring in February 2013. Here's some rehearsal footage:

He did peasant PdD with Dana Benton in Giselle in October 2013. Here are some rehearsal clips:

They're now down to 23, as Cara Cooper is no longer listed on their website. I leave Colorado and look what happens: dancers start leaving the Colorado Ballet, Denver decides to tear down the symphony's concert hall, the baseball team finishes in last place every year, ... smile.png

One would expect that they will add more dancers, as they have too few women (10) on the roster.

The CB's website shows 6 additional dancers added to the corps (5 women, 1 man), 1 of whom was in the studio company last year.

I'm glad to see the roster back to full-strength. I was guessing that the delay might have something to do with the delay getting into the new building, which now looks to be late August (instead of late May, as they had once hoped). I'll be interested in seeing the bios of the new corps members. They have some really outstanding corps members who must be disappointed that they haven't been promoted to soloist, but it's a brutal business. They also have yet to announce the studio company members, who do heavy-duty service in the bigger production numbers, especially Nutcracker.