This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

British Pathé released about 90k documentary film clips onto their Youtube channel. I found a clip of Bourree Fantasque with the Festival Ballet (London), taken in 1962 in Prague. The Balanchine works catalogue says that the work was staged for the company in 1960. Video linked below:

There doesn't seem to be any film clips of this work listed in the catalogue, and NYPL lists two films, one taken in 1993, possibly for the Balanchine Celebration, and another with excerpts with Le Clercq, Tallchief, and "partners". Is this the only other film of it, then?

The library has this also:

Title: Boston Ballet
[videorecording]

Bourrée fantasque (27 min.) / recorded on April 9, 1989 (matinee) ; choreography, George Balanchine ; music, Emmanuel Chabrier ; principal dancers may be Sherri Peacock and Daniel Meja (Bourrée fantasque), Marie Christine Mouis and Devon Carney (Prelude), Laura Young and Michael Job (Fete polonaise)

i don't understand German, but something's skewed about Pathé's ident. of Balanchine's NUTx in the "Hamburg" clip.

CHOREOGRAPHY BY BALANCHINE has a '65 staging noted for Cologne, so that might be the source of this footage.

The library has this also:

Title: Boston Ballet

[videorecording]

Bourrée fantasque (27 min.) / recorded on April 9, 1989 (matinee) ; choreography, George Balanchine ; music, Emmanuel Chabrier ; principal dancers may be Sherri Peacock and Daniel Meja (Bourrée fantasque), Marie Christine Mouis and Devon Carney (Prelude), Laura Young and Michael Job (Fete polonaise)

Which library is that, please?

though Jack's question is, o'course, more than reasonable, i'm afraid that most NYers tend to refer to the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts as The Library, forgetting at times that not everyone is a New Yorker, etc.

though Jack's question is, o'course, more than reasonable, i'm afraid that most NYers tend to refer to the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts as The Library, forgetting at times that not everyone is a New Yorker, etc.

I've never been a New Yorker, and I do the same thing, when it comes to dance materials...