volcanohunter

Blood, Sweat & Blisters - TV series

30 posts in this topic

Dutch television has begun airing a series titled Bloed, zweet en blaren, which goes behind the scenes at Dutch National Ballet. The series is in Dutch, of course, but there is lots to see, and English-language conversations are left undubbed. Each episode is about 35 minutes long.

episode 1: de catwalk op

http://avro.nl/bloedzweetenblaren/Player/20140320_Bloed_zweet_blaren_aflevering_1/?r=1

episode 2: The Sleeping Beauty

http://avro.nl/bloedzweetenblaren/Player/20130327_BZB_Aflevering_2/

Thank you so much for these links!

The last shot of Igone de Jongh turning around in her Aurora costume to show a backpack is priceless :)

Thanks for the links! I had heard about this, but did not know how to "get" to it.

-d-

I'm really enjoying this series. It's such a nice change from the drama of Breaking Pointe and even the show about the Royal NZ Ballet. Looking forward to the next episode!

Is anyone else having trouble streaming this series? Mine stops every few seconds and it's driving me crazy... don't have this problem with anything else!

Would it help to pause the stream and then resume watching it when a fair chunk of it is already loaded up?

I tried, it won't pre-load. Might sneak in an after-work session to see if it's my home connection or just the country I live in!

That is peculiar. I tried pre-loading the episode for the sake of argument and was successful. I hope you find a solution!

Have you tried Firefox or Safari? Although I didn't encounter the problem you described, the players on these browsers seemed to allow pre-loading of the stream.

I'm using Chrome. It does pre-load, but it still plays as terribly as it does when not pre-loaded. Strange! I will attempt another browser for next week's episode and hopefully that will help. Thank you for your assistance!

Same trouble with Safari on an old iPad... But it was so worth it. I only wish there were subtitles.

That is strange about the shaky, uneven streaming for some of you! I was wondering if it had anything to do with what countries you are in? I have no problems, but I am in Europe. Where are you who are having troubles? Could that be a reason? (or very likely I am just totally illiterate about these things)

-d-

I'm in Brisbane, Australia which is a large city with good internet. I'm about to attempt Episode 6 so keep your fingers crossed :D

Thank you Love-Ballet! That link worked! I've caught up!

I just started watching these videos - very enjoyable so far. It's interesting how many people are choosing to speak in English.

Where did Anna Tsygankova learn her English? From Matthew Golding? ;)
It seems to me she must have been exposed to the language for a good long while to have become so fluent, but I thought she had always danced in Europe.