This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Osipova/Golding Sleeping Beauty Royal Ballet March 27 single ticket fo

I bought a ticket for Sleeping Beauty March 27, 2014 at 7:30pm, Grand Tier row B seat 35 through a ticket broker for 175 pounds. Unfortunately won't be able to use it. Trying to sell for what I paid for it, but will take the best offer. Can meet anywhere in London.

Ilya, if you still have the ticket I would be willing to pay the face value for it - can't manage £175. I live in central London and would be free to collect and pay for it more or less any time this afternoon. You can email me via ballet alert or text 07962 980952.

Yuhui Choi was the replacement. Here's the official announcement:

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-yuhui-choe-to-dance-in-the-sleeping-beauty-on-27-march-2014

According to the print "Magazine" (p. 31) published by the ROH, March 27 was Osipova's debut in the role (with Royal). Ouch! It will be interesting to hear what the injury was and whether she'll perform at her remaining performances April 5 & 9.

Edited by California

NY Times says she took a hard fall during rehearsal, but no bone fractures. She has a "significant degree of soft tissue trauma" according to the NY Times. She's expected back for the April 5 appearance.

I just saw the second performance of Choe and Golding in Sleeping Beauty. I'm tired (and still jet-lagged), so let me just say briefly that it was a real treat. She has the gift of "long balances," and I wonder if that's part of why they selected her as a replacement for Osipova. We didn't see any extensions-to-the-ear, but that would have been so out-of-place in this production anyway.

He has a calm elegance in his dancing that seems perfect for this company, with impressive height and presence in his turns and leaps. Their partnering seemed fine, except for one near-catastrophe on the third fish dive in the wedding PdD. It happened so fast, it's hard to know how it went awry, but he had to step forward a couple of steps to keep her in position. It reminded me that these two couldn't have had a lot of preparation time for such demanding partnering. He knew the role, of course, as he was scheduled to dance with Osipova. But where/when did she learn it? Had she been in line as the understudy all along? And Osipova's injury was just a week ago, so how much time did they have to work together?

The audience was exceptionally appreciative of both, but they seemed genuinely to be applauding their performances, not just sympathy applause.