This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Initiative: Episode 23: Gloria GovrinRenowned teacher Gloria Govrin visits the Ballet Initiative Podcast

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 32tendu

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Ms. Govrin was a soloist with New York City Ballet for 15 years under George Balanchine. Today, she's a renowned teacher and the Artistic Director of Eastern Connecticut Ballet. In our conversation, she shares her life as a dancer and gives fascinating first hand insight into the legend of Mr. B.

Listen here:

You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook

#2 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,620 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

She had such interesting things to say about working with Balanchine and her approach to teaching.

I'd never seen her in person, but every time I watch the "Apollo" excerpt with her, Suzanne Farrell, Patricia Neary, and Jacques d'Amboise, I can't take my eyes off her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):