This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hello from NJ

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kaysta

Kaysta

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

I've recently become obsessed with ballet. Growing up, we couldn't afford dance lessons (so I have no dance experience), but I've always been intrigued by dance. Was introduced to contemporary by watching So You Think You Can Dance, which led me to check out YouTube ballet videos, and I was blown away! So far I've seen Jewels and Coppelia at the PA Ballet, but have just signed up for a subscription for ABT and I can't wait until May!

I'm excited to learn more about this amazing art form!

#2 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Welcome to Ballet Alert!, Kaysta. I hope you will share what you've seen at Pennsylvania Ballet and join in the talk of ABT's upcoming season.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,308 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

You'll be able to find links to many videos in our Ballet Videos [etc.] forum, but, alas, some of them have been removed along the way :(.

#4 Kaysta

Kaysta

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks! I'm excited to have found this forum. Unfortunately my friends and family don't share my interest, so its nice to find others who feel the same way I do!

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,308 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

Online forums with people who love the same thing are a lot better than seeing friends and family members who glaze over the moment we mention our favorite things wink1.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):