This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

BLANK HOME PAGE/FORUM INDEX ISSUE

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Weird. I use Safari exclusively and had many flash-and-disappear issues until I upgraded to Mountain Lion (on a MacBook purchased in 2013), but clearly that's not relevant here, since forum members using Safari are not affected. Good time for the head-banging icon, for sure.

#17 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Do we have any Safari users on a Mac or iPad that are experiencing the issue?

#18 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I have some limited information -- I can run Safari (on my iMac), so I opened BA up with version 6.0.5 -- I didn't log into my account, and so could not use View New Content, but the main Forum page came up just fine.  I wandered around in the site, and didn't seem to have any trouble.

I wasn't sure if I could stay logged in with my Firefox connection and log in from Safari as well, so didn't try.  If I can, I'll log into BA with Safari and fiddle around some more later on, but I have to go do chores right now...

#19 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Mac OS 10.9.2 (as before) on a MacBook Pro, using Safari 7.0.2.

Page looked fine when I accessed it as a guest and also when logged in at 5 PM PST.

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

sandik, there should be no reason you can't run multiple browsers at the same time. I currently have Chrome, Firefox, and Safari open.

#21 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

sandik, there should be no reason you can't run multiple browsers at the same time. I currently have Chrome, Firefox, and Safari open.

I can run multiple browsers, but I wasn't sure if I could be logged into BA from two different browsers simultaneously.

#22 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

sandik, you can log in simultaneously from multiple different browsers. Just for fun, I tried five from several different devices. Have not (yet) exploded.

In all seriousness, you are not maintaining a constant and active connection with the forum server, in which an intrusion from a secondary source would break that signal . You're just providing the authentication materials necessary for the server to know, when it is contacted, that it should return a webpage instead of a terse login page. Unless it is programmed to, the server does not care whether that authentication comes from multiple browsers, just that you gave the correct authentication information.

#23 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

sandik, you can log in simultaneously from multiple different browsers. Just for fun, I tried five from several different devices. Have not (yet) exploded.

In all seriousness, you are not maintaining a constant and active connection with the forum server, in which an intrusion from a secondary source would break that signal . You're just providing the authentication materials necessary for the server to know, when it is contacted, that it should return a webpage instead of a terse login page. Unless it is programmed to, the server does not care whether that authentication comes from multiple browsers, just that you gave the correct authentication information.

Thanks -- there are some websites that don't want you to log in simultaneously, though it's mostly about security stuff.

But do let us know if you explode.  We'd need to help tidy up.

#24 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Sorry I misunderstood.  I think I've now got Ballet Alert! running on three PC browsers, on one tablet browser, on two browsers on my Mac, and one on my Android phone.

Maybe I should close a few of them blushing.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):