This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Who is This Lady?

There is a short story on website of the National Ballet of China about her, a world-famous ballet instructor of French School. Last month she was training Chinese ballet dancers and helping them in rehearsals of related repertoire in Beijing.

However, there is no her name in French or English, no any reference about her bio and other works in the article. Her name is written in Chinese characters, i.e., 约艾尔·玛采特. dunno.gif

Does anyone know her name in French or English?

caf1c735-9756-447c-b3a0-9eaf345e579a.JPG
Thank you for your hunting, everyone! I underestimated the difficulties to find this lady. I thought, maybe, someone in this forum could recognize her face and recall her instantly.

thanks.GIF

Since mostly you could not read her name written in Chinese, I should tell her name in English Pronunciation. The six Chinese characters are 约艾尔 · 玛采特, pronounce: [jɔː-æ-er · ma:-zæ-tə].

I have googled and found a list of famous ballet instructors in France. I looked at the last names started with M, but there is no any one of the last names sounded similar to 玛采特 [ma:-zæ-tə]. Is she living in other European countries, not in France?

I also left message on the NBA website to ask for her name in French spelling. However, I got no response, as usual.

dunno.gif

Very mysterious! :)

I have no real ideas as to who she is, but would it perhaps be an idea to post the question on the sister site, Ballet Talk for Dancers http://dancers.invisionzone.com/ ?

I think that more active dancers/parents of dancers are likely to see it there; and if the Mystery Woman teaches in several places and has also guested around the world, perhaps it is more likely that someone there would have seen her recently? (if you do post your query there, I would imagine the board called, "Cross Talk" would be a good place for it. Or?)

-d-

I failed to register @ dancers.invisionzone.com. The error message is

The email address you used is not accepted by this community. Please select a different email address.

That is ODD. The email for setting up an account at dancers is the same one I have used here. Then, I selected another email address, and got the same error message.

innocent.gif

Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers have different registration systems and different policies. BT4D does not accept "free" email addresses, but requires one assigned by an ISP, school, workplace, etc. If you're entering one of these acceptable addresses and are still getting this error message, please write to the "Contact Us" link at the top of the Ballet Talk for Dancers site (not this one).

The lady teaching a class to The National Ballet of China is Joelle Mazet. She is

French. She has been teaching for many years at the Paris conservatory (CNSMDP). She has been teaching in the USA, Europe, Japan, China.

The lady teaching a class to The National Ballet of China is Joelle Mazet. She is

French. She has been teaching for many years at the Paris conservatory (CNSMDP). She has been teaching in the USA, Europe, Japan, China.

Welcome Jomaz, and thank you very much for supplying the answer: Joelle Mazet!

Here's another image of Mazet -

Nuits_Blanches_Preobrajenskaya_03.jpg

Léonide Massine et Joëlle Mazet sur le plateau du film La Boutique Fantasque (1961)

Thank you very much for the information!

Here is another picture of Joelle Mazet, taken in 2011, when she taught at the Guangzhou (Canton) Ballet Theater, China.

20110401151533148.jpg

Also, during 2007 & 2009, she was invited to teach ballet and French folk dance in Beijing Dance Academy.

More pictures of her teaching at The National Ballet of China can be found at

http://www.ballet.org.cn/news_detail/newsId=044c089f-3e94-4733-a8aa-29d72075693e.html

On the page they say: Joelle Mazet is a renowned French Ballet School instructor. She has been teaching French School of ballet classes around the world. During the visit to the National Ballet of China, she would teach the dancers and interns in a join-project co-sponsored by the NBC and the Beijing Dance Academy, and take part in rehearsal works for some repertoires of the NBC.

Thank you everyone in the forum! flowers.gifwub.png