This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kennedy Center 2014-15 ballet season

The 2014-15 ballet season at the Kennedy Center has just been announced:

http://web.kennedy-center.org/~/media/Files/KC/Press%20Releases/Season%20Announcement%202014-2015/press%20release%20FOR%20PRINT%20-%20Ballet%20Season%2014-15.pdf

November 28-30, 2014 The Suzanne Farrell Ballet
December 10-14, 2014 Ballet West’s The Nutcracker
January 27 – February 1, 2015 Mariinsky Ballet
March 24-29, 2015 American Ballet Theatre
April 7-12, 2015 New York City Ballet
May 28-30, 2015 Scottish Ballet
June 9-14, 2015 The Royal Ballet

I love the Suzanne Farrell Ballet program of Swan Lake, Allegro Brilliante, Monumentum pro Gesualdo/Movements for Piano and Orchestra, and The Concert. Except for Monumentum/Movements, I believe those are all company premieres. I know they haven't danced them at the Kennedy Center.

But it's surprising to see that the season is only three days long, down from five days in previous seasons.

I love the Suzanne Farrell Ballet program of Swan Lake, Allegro Brilliante, Monumentum pro Gesualdo/Movements for Piano and Orchestra, and The Concert. Except for Monumentum/Movements, I believe those are all company premieres. I know they haven't danced them at the Kennedy Center.

But it's surprising to see that the season is only three days long, down from five days in previous seasons.

And kfc, it's also Thanksgiving weekend. I would have gone down to DC for that but I don't want to pay inflated holiday prices for transportation/hotel.

ABT will be doing Pillar of Fire and Push Comes to Shove. So, I'm going to hope/assume (with glee) that they'll be reviving those ballets for their Met season that summer!

Or they could be for the fall season.

It is surprising. On the other hand, the performances are in the Opera House (not the Eisenhower Theater).

It is surprising. On the other hand, the performances are in the Opera House (not the Eisenhower Theater).

Oh, I see. Because Little Dancer will be in the Eisenhower. So quite possibly in 2015 they'll be back in the Eisenhower for the usual five-day, two-program run. I hope so. On the other hand, this year I can catch both SFB and Little Dancer in one trip.

Bummer, Dale. Sorry you'll have to miss it.