This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

POB 2014-2015 season

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

A bigger worry than whether or not the Ashton Cinderella will come into repertory is whether Ashton's La Fille mal gardee will stay in repertory.  Say what you will about Madame Lefevre but she brought the Ashton Fille into repertory in 2006-07 and then reprogrammed it in 2008-09 and 2011-12.  (All this according to the POB Web site.)  Millepied has no background in Ashton and it's not clear to me that Ashton will continue to have any kind of presence in Paris.

As for the Nureyev productions, Parisians should be careful what they go looking for.  They might get Christopher Wheeldon's Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and/or Swan Lake.  Worse still, they might get Peter Martins's Romeo + Juliet (with the all important "+".)

#92 naomikage

naomikage

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:53 AM

In an interview on Dance Europe, Millepied mentions as following.

"I think the quality of how classical ballets are danced are significant words. I think how we create new ballets with the classical vocabulary is important . I will keep some of Nureyev and some will be replaced by new productions, and I think it's significant for the dancers to try some new things and for the audiences to see some new ballets."

Also he mentioned this.

"I want to invite some guest artists for next year and I'm going to invite the best that I can find. Because I think it's only going to make the dancers here feel excited to even more part of this company. There are a few phenomenal dancers who deserve to come here and dance. " 

#93 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

Nothing really new in these words sad.png ... POB has always invited guest artists, and even Roberto Bolle quite a few times biggrin.png

#94 mussel

mussel

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

About 150 on around 12 different bills...

A detail breakdown of the current season:

10: Études (Lander)/Woundwork1 (Forsythe)/Pas.-Parts (Forsythe) 1:51
13: Rains (Keersmaeker) 1:10
21: Nutcracker (Nureyev) 2:10
23: La Source (Bart) 2:15
9: Réplique (Paul)/Salut (Rigal)/Together Alone (Millepied)/Andréauria (Lock) 1:47
14: The Song of the Earth (Neumeier) 1:30
14: Swan Lake (Nereyev) 2:43
12: Manon (MacMilian) 2:35
10: Paquita (Lacotte) 2:05 + 5 Montreal tour
9: La Enfants du Paradis (Martinez) 2:24
11: La Fille Mal Gardée (Ashton) 2:00
8: L'Anantomie de la Sensation (McGregor) 1:10

159 performances, 154 at home and 5 on tour. As a comparison 178 performances for NYCB, 172 at homes and 6 on DC tour during the same period. Some of the programs were real short, just a little over an hour, don't know why POB didn't add another piece to make the programs longer.

#95 tomorrow

tomorrow

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

A detail breakdown of the current season:

10: Études (Lander)/Woundwork1 (Forsythe)/Pas.-Parts (Forsythe) 1:51
13: Rains (Keersmaeker) 1:10
21: Nutcracker (Nureyev) 2:10
23: La Source (Bart) 2:15
9: Réplique (Paul)/Salut (Rigal)/Together Alone (Millepied)/Andréauria (Lock) 1:47
14: The Song of the Earth (Neumeier) 1:30
14: Swan Lake (Nereyev) 2:43
12: Manon (MacMilian) 2:35
10: Paquita (Lacotte) 2:05 + 5 Montreal tour
9: La Enfants du Paradis (Martinez) 2:24
11: La Fille Mal Gardée (Ashton) 2:00
8: L'Anantomie de la Sensation (McGregor) 1:10

159 performances, 154 at home and 5 on tour. As a comparison 178 performances for NYCB, 172 at homes and 6 on DC tour during the same period. Some of the programs were real short, just a little over an hour, don't know why POB didn't add another piece to make the programs longer.

It's the Paris 'money, money, money' Opera - if they can sell short programmes for the same price as the longer ones, then they will :-(. Pretty bad really.

#96 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

It's the Paris 'money, money, money' Opera - if they can sell short programmes for the same price as the longer ones, then they will :-(. Pretty bad really.

Well not fully true. Admidettly, shorter programmes, except the Neumeier creation tis year, are a bit less expansive, have no optima, etc. 

#97 mussel

mussel

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted Today, 01:02 AM

Mixed reps programs are usually cheaper than multi-act full length ballets. Are really short rep programs that are just over an hour long the same price as those last 2 hours?

#98 tomorrow

tomorrow

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

Mixed reps programs are usually cheaper than multi-act full length ballets. Are really short rep programs that are just over an hour long the same price as those last 2 hours?

The Paul/Rigal/Lock/Millepied mixed prog was cheaper (80ish top end if I remember correctly), the Nuemier ballet was the same price as Manon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):